WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

JFX, I use this tool install Windows 7 Lite

After Installed by WinNTsetup 2.3, I use Norton Ghost create image file (A.GHO)

Extract A.GHO image file to other PC

But after install, Partion installed Windows 7 is named D: (I want it is named C:)

Edited by meigyoku

ok tested in bart pe xp from usb but the same problem of cursor blinking after bios post both files are files.7z the website is not allowing .dat or .log to upload so i made a 7zip fileFiles.7z

Thanks.

Starting offset / Alignment is okay.

MBR and PBR also are good.

Maybe it is really a BIOS problem?

Last idea, would be to use diskpart under xp and clean the whole disk and create a new partition. :unsure:

JFX, I use this tool install Windows 7 Lite

After Installed by WinNTsetup 2.3, I use Norton Ghost create image file (A.GHO)

Extract A.GHO image file to other PC

But after install, Partion installed Windows 7 is named D: (I want it is named C:)

do you used the option in that picture?

Also drive letter is hard code for a partition, you should not use disk imaging here.

Edited by JFX

ok tested in bart pe xp from usb but the same problem of cursor blinking after bios post both files are files.7z the website is not allowing .dat or .log to upload so i made a 7zip fileFiles.7z

Thanks.

Starting offset / Alignment is okay.

MBR and PBR also are good.

Maybe it is really a BIOS problem?

Last idea, would be to use diskpart under xp and clean the whole disk and create a new partition. :unsure:

Jfx i have tested this on two different motherboards one is GigaByte GA-965P DS3 other one is p5sd2-vm asus both have the same problem.

i formatted partitions using minitool partition wizard professional.

what is diskpart

my hdd contains data its 500 gb what to do which partitions i need to create new the boot one or xp one

and i remember i have this time tested in single partition of 80 gb hdd same issue

Edited by AQM

Jfx i have tested this on two different motherboards one is GigaByte GA-965P DS3 other one is p5sd2-vm asus both have the same problem.

hmm, that strange cause bootcode is written correctly BIOS should be the problem. But same issue with two different boards :huh:

what is diskpart

my hdd contains data its 500 gb what to do which partitions i need to create new the boot one or xp one

and i remember i have this time tested in single partition of 80 gb hdd same issue

Well, it's only an idea that diskpart or diskmanagment under xp can create a more compatible partition.

hmm, that strange cause bootcode is written correctly BIOS should be the problem. But same issue with two different boards :huh:

what is diskpart

Well, it's only an idea that diskpart or diskmanagment under xp can create a more compatible partition.

how to diskpart is it another program like bart pe or like gena

jfx creating partition with diskpart method works now setups working.

one problem its missing a file name msvbvm50.dll during txt mode

i have used the same iso with usb method using rufus and rmprepusb

both methods works without missing any file and no errors during xp setup.

is there program alternative for diskpart like mouse base non command line

program which will be compatible with winnt setup

i tried to find a front end through google ill search more results so far couldn't any front ends.

jfx creating partition with diskpart method works now setups working.

Great, so it was something wrong with this partition.

one problem its missing a file name msvbvm50.dll during txt mode

i have used the same iso with usb method using rufus and rmprepusb

both methods works without missing any file and no errors during xp setup.

Hmm, yes WinntSetup don't support nlited sources fully, sorry.

is there program alternative for diskpart like mouse base non command line

program which will be compatible with winnt setup

i tried to find a front end through google ill search more results so far couldn't any front ends.

You can use the disk management from Windows XP. If diskpart works then this has to work, too.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

nLited sources can be tricky for "3rd party" utilities, still I have found WinNTSetup not very "harsh" here, most of my XP installs work (even nLited).

I also love Rufus, but it also cannot fully support every "crazy" nlite thing you throw at it. My experience is: If you only use some basic nLite features, both programs work very well.

JFX,

the BOOTSECT.DAT posted by AQM (and as well the bootsector in WinNTSetup.log) are both "wrong". :w00t:

Sectors before are 0 (should have been 63), i.e. at 0x1C there should be 0x3F and not 0x00.

jaclaz

jaclaz can you tell me how to check, test or verify where is the problem it there a way to fix by myself if not is there a problem with winnt setup program

nLited sources can be tricky for "3rd party" utilities, still I have found WinNTSetup not very "harsh" here, most of my XP installs work (even nLited).

I also love Rufus, but it also cannot fully support every "crazy" nlite thing you throw at it. My experience is: If you only use some basic nLite features, both programs work very well.

is there an alternate for installing xp like winnt setup from internal hdd to internal hdd successfully like these nlited or rvmi slipstreamed iso's

i have used rufus and winnt setup and i found out that my xp install gets corrupted and i could found how during setup i found no errors of install only in winnt setup it asks for paths it couldn't locate manually we have to locate the extracted iso for missing files it could find on winnt setup based folders at installation partition.

my question is that is the cd install is the only to install custom or nlited or rvmi based iso's is it the only to successfully install xp its very slow with cd install do you guys have a best way successful way to install xp through usb or internal hdd install method.

if there isnt then we have to burn and waste dvd-r every time we have to install a complete upto date and custom addons xp iso's

i know rmprepusb rufus and winnt setup they are fast and easy to understand without having deep technical know how do guys have best solutions than these

help would be extremely aprreciated

i have used rmprepusb i have 1.5 gb ram

and i made a iso bigger than ram size i have

is there a way to install xp vista 7 8 through internal HDD i mean iso can be loaded to

hdd's virtual memory like page file or something like virtual ram.

because vista 7 8 xp iso i would like make a bigger one in the future with lots of app addons

because the nature of apps i add the size gets bigger.

i have used rufus, winnt setup but the problem is

like win 98 se setup extracted to a location on hdd one can easily run setup via loading dos and locating partition and run setup and no usb and no cd require and installation period was the fastest.

is there a way to install xp vista 7 8 like that i mean through two ways

through iso file and extracted setup files

i mean a program when we boot pc and before os runs that program os installer or manager or you name it runs and asks for location of iso or setup files location of your liking i mean starting from windows version whether from usb or through installing it to hdd from installed windows or through pe enviroment installing to hdd and then running setup of favourite os'es without the need of removable drives like usb usb hdd cd dvd.

i know it sound crazy but have these crazy ideas in my mind and i am not programmer i wish i was so i could develop a tool which run without even install it and like portable version of os installer like winnt setup but without the need to run through pe or within in os already installed.

i mean a program which we copy to usb or hdd or cd or usb hdd you name works and installs the almost any os for setup files or iso or any know methods.

sorry its not your responsibility but i am just asking

i have just three of these rmprepusb rufus and winnt setup.

are there any other i dont know please provide assitance.

Regards

AQM

JFX,

the BOOTSECT.DAT posted by AQM (and as well the bootsector in WinNTSetup.log) are both "wrong". :w00t:

Sectors before are 0 (should have been 63), i.e. at 0x1C there should be 0x3F and not 0x00.

Thanks jaclaz.

Wonder how i missed that.

@AQM

If you tell me what exactly you slipped / nlited into your XP CD, I properly can fix it.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX