WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

... but why would the source with IE9 cause and issue?

That's why modded sources are not supported.

WinNTSetup just applies the NT6.x to disk, whereas real setup does a lot more servicing stuff.

Driver integration is rather basic servicing feature and can be done by WinNTSetup, but components as IE will cause trouble.

If you need to integrate updates and programs use sysprep, but offline integration will no work here.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

... but why would the source with IE9 cause and issue?

...and particularly those integrating IE9, I presume .... :whistle:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/five-reasons-not-to-upgrade-to-windows-internet-explorer-9/817

;)

However, running a silent install at first boot shouldnt' be an issue:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

WinNTSetup just applies the NT6.x to disk, whereas real setup does a lot more servicing stuff.

Driver integration is rather basic servicing feature and can be done by WinNTSetup, but components as IE will cause trouble.

If you need to integrate updates and programs use sysprep, but offline integration will no work here.

cheers.gif

This is the part that is confusing. I have IE9 injected into my Windows 7 sources the same way with DISM and WinNTSetup installs Windows 7 Fine. The only difference is when you use DISM on Vista, Dism calls package manger to do the job but still the same end results. I understand what your saying about not supporting modded sources but why would Windows 7 install fine with WinNTSetup with IE9 and Vista will not with IE9, both Win 7 and Vista are modded in this case? :blink:

About the issue you had with WinNTSetup v2.3 cannot say by what it was caused, most probably by a "wrong" way with which you have partitioned/formatted the hard disk.

The MBR you posted had the starting address of the volume at offset 0x3F (63).

The PBR/VBR/bootsector you posted had the starting address of the volume at offset 0x00 (0).

Of course such a disk won't boot, as these values should be the same.

This has actually nothing to do with programming, but rather with knowing how hard disks, partitions and volumes "work".

Go here:

http://thestarman.pc.../mbr/index.html

and read EVERYTHING on it.

If you have doubts, question, feel free to ask them, in a NEW thread, the most suitable forum for these kind of questions is:

http://www.msfn.org/...e-media-issues/

jaclaz

ok Jaclaz understood and thanks but read that i will help will take a lot time my friend.

i tell what i did i used bart pe later as advised by jfx for diskpart and it doesn't in bart pe.

so ubcd is think will be the next option i haven't tried because using rufus for making usb for ubcd is not possible error cant scan iso of ubcd.

i used warlock 7 pe iso and spot mau's boot suite for pe boot because using an installed xp vista 7 or 8 etc environment is allowing to format boot partition.

or as jfx said use gena or bart pe and xp pe environment ill try gena or ubcd because i think they have more pe system like installed os system options available.

i used easeus partition master home free edition and mini tool partiion wizard pro

http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

it has free boot cd now and free version now tell friend these are two best known software as people know how could that be possible that are make more mbr and pbr

i created partitions and format using these two

sorry again for posting here but understand friend i cant read to much i try my best to do so my brain wont allow me my fatigue level are very unfriendly with me.

i dont know what to say but have lots of books on programming and other you name it when ever i make up my mind to read that suckish brain of mine i mean headaches and eye pain stops me to do so

now using diskpart how i did it i install xp on third drive i got repaired and from my first installed xp hdd i used diskpart to deleted and create new partition to make compatible with winnt setup.

using rufus or cd dvd install is not creating problem with the same partition made by easeus or mini tool programs

please i will do as said but if can help here reading this post will saving from a lot of reading which i dont mind and the problem is time my suckish brain and eyes and concentration and focus which my brain and eyes wont allow me whether me and my heart want to or not.

believe writing this post is giving same symptoms and problems i mentioned but i am somehow able to that now on but u know reading and understanding requires more and optimal focus and concentration would love to do that.

believe me trying to a very good book on ms office borrowed from library but i cant read it trying my best.

Hi JFX!

Sorry for my english...

It would be desirable that the program was a little finished.

Will allow I have some *.sif files: 1.sif, 2.sif, 3.sif, 4.sif, 5.sif being in the Disk:\a\b\c\

By default one of these files is specified as a key to program start. For example whether it 1.sif. Is possible that by pressing a choice of the new sif file in the program I was in the folder where there are all sif files instead of in another? Too most and for xml.

Thanks

I think this got missed on the previous page with the users long unreadable post! :w00t:

This is the part that is confusing. I have IE9 injected into my Windows 7 sources the same way with DISM and WinNTSetup installs Windows 7 Fine. The only difference is when you use DISM on Vista, Dism calls package manger to do the job but still the same end results. I understand what your saying about not supporting modded sources but why would Windows 7 install fine with WinNTSetup with IE9 and Vista will not with IE9, both Win 7 and Vista are modded in this case? :blink:

I think this got missed on the previous page with the users long unreadable post! :w00t:

This is the part that is confusing. I have IE9 injected into my Windows 7 sources the same way with DISM and WinNTSetup installs Windows 7 Fine. The only difference is when you use DISM on Vista, Dism calls package manger to do the job but still the same end results. I understand what your saying about not supporting modded sources but why would Windows 7 install fine with WinNTSetup with IE9 and Vista will not with IE9, both Win 7 and Vista are modded in this case? blink.gif

Let me see. dubbio.gif

A+B=C

A+D=E

B != D -> C !=E

Have you checked the link you were given about the need of some updates for Vista, at least for the "normal" install?

It's a looong shot, but worth a check.

But still, if modded sources are not supported, that does not mean that any and all modded soureces will fail (nor that any and all modded sources will work), it simply means that modded sources are NOT supported (and you are right now asking help/support for modded sources, after having been told how they are not supported :whistle: )

jaclaz

But still, if modded sources are not supported, that does not mean that any and all modded soureces will fail (nor that any and all modded sources will work), it simply means that modded sources are NOT supported (and you are right now asking help/support for modded sources, after having been told how they are not supported :whistle: )

I am not asking for help on modded sources, I am just making a statement about Win7 installing fine with WinNTSetup after the source has been "modded" and Vista which is a NT6x just like 7 and "modded" in the very same way fails. I looked at your link and may leave IE9 out and install with silent install on bootup. My point was that you can see where this is confusing to me that a "modded" 7 will work with this great program but not a "modded" Vista and both are built off the same technology. I know that 7 is different from Vista but both have the same NT6x base and I was just stating my confusion on the matter. Sorry if I came across as "asking for help to get a modded source to work" but just an answer if nothing but a guess as to why 1 works and 1 may not :no::D

Edited by laddanator

My point was ...

I think I understood your point, my point was that the fact that Vista :ph34r: and 7 "have the same NT6x base" does NOT in any way imply that a given tool/method/anything will not fail on one and work on the other, or fail at both or succeed at both.

If you prefer you are assuming that the "have the same NT6x base" implies something (it does not) when it comes to the way a tool - designed for UNmodded sources - behaves with modded ones, and the reason is simple, although they do "have the same NT6x base" they are DIFFERENT, so, as I see it, your apparent surprise at the fact that one works and the other one doesn't has no real reason to be, as a matter of fact I would expect or rate as "probable" that two DIFFERENT Operating Systems, although they "have the same NT6x base" would behave DIFFERENTly.

@PsyDonia

Yes :thumbup , as you might have gathered if you had actualy read a bit on the thread :whistle: :

jaclaz

Hi Scampy82,

there currently are no more command line switches. I will add some useful, but we can't have them for all options.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX