Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Integrating generic SATA drivers into XP install disc

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

vipejc

vipejc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 03-February 11
Is it possible to create a SATA-future-proof XP install disc that contains generic Intel and AMD SATA drivers (AHCI and RAID)? Or, no because ACHI and RAID are Southbridge-specific and each controller or series of controllers require its own drivers?

If that wasn't clear, in other words, I want a generic Vista-7 SATA driver for XP that will work with any SATA disk. A driver that will allow XP setup to detect any SATA hard disk and successfully complete installation.

Is it possible to copy ataport.sys from Vista and paste it in XP's system32 folder, copy msahci.sys from Vista and paste it in XP's system32 folder, and copy pciide.sys and pciidex.sys from Vista, delete those files from XP's system32 folder, and paste Vista's pciide.sys and pciidex.sys in XP's system32 folder?
There's no such thing as a dumb computer question. Each of us interprets info differently. - Me

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 6,016 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

UniATA

vipejc

vipejc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 03-February 11

UniATA

Thanks for the intel.
There's no such thing as a dumb computer question. Each of us interprets info differently. - Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users