Aimp 3 Aimp 3 Silent switches
Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:37 PM
From what I remember, AIMP2 could just be extracted to a folder, no installation necessary. But it would be nice to associate AIMP3 with common files silently and add a shortcut silently. For file association you can use the latest Regshot easily. For shortcut creation I'm sure there must be an easy way to to that. Will get back with results later..
This post has been edited by ZileXa: 07 February 2011 - 04:37 PM
Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:45 AM
- AIMP3 cannot be installed using your keyboard (tab, enter etc doesn't work) so autoit will be impossible since catching mouse clicks is not a reliable method.
- all the AIMP3 installer actually does is extract the contents to %programfiles%. So you don't need an installer. Just install it manually and make sure you select "1 configuration for all users" because all the settings will be saved in the same folder. Then copy the the AIMP3 folder from your %programfiles% to a 7zip file. Extract this during your Windows setup.
Whats left is file associations:
- AIMP3 doesn't set file associations. You have to do this manually.
- Unfortunately even if I run AIMP3 as admin, the most common file associations are not set. This is a bug. reported here:
- When this bug is fixed, capture the registry edits being made during file association process and save those to your regtweaks.reg file. Then you'll be able to set file associations silently.
This bug makes it a bit unuseful on Windows 7! Will have to wait for a new version..
This post has been edited by ZileXa: 13 February 2011 - 05:48 AM
Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:28 AM
Anyway thanks to answer.
Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:23 AM
a silent switch will be available in the RC version.
/REG should work with admin permission.
Could you please quote the silent switch about you talk ?
This post has been edited by montage: 03 January 2012 - 03:24 AM
Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:51 AM
Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:20 AM
Autoit can't use buttons or keys in the installer, so I created a mouse clicking script. The script will click on the buttons coordinates depends on the window's position.
You can change the setup.exe name from an ini file.
Number of downloads: 62
Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:31 AM
/AUTO="Destination folder" - Automatic install to destination folder.
/UPDATE - Update version.
[used with /AUTO]
/SILENT - without GUI
[used with /AUTO]
use this as example:
Aimp.exe /AUTO="%programfiles%\AIMP3\" /SILENT