Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Win7PE SE

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

bankbb1

bankbb1
  • 1 posts
Thank :hello:

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 215 posts
Project Updated: Win7PE_SE_2011_07_22

Many changes to improve the building speed and lots of small fixes and improvements and among others:

winutil: updated to version 3.1.3.0, thanks homes32.
locale: added support for Hebrew and Belgian
HostOS Import Manager: Import HostOS settings to PE here TimeZone for now.
Super Finder: updated to version 1.6.3.2
Opera_USB: updated to version 11.11
ppAppsGen10: script updated to version 10, thanks amalux
Attribute Changer_Petges: shell extension is a power user tool to change all kind of file and folder attributes, date, time. Thanks Arvy.
72hours: Disable the 72 hours time limit, thanks joakim, TheTruth.
PartedMagic: Added support for PartedMagic v6.3
RegCPE: Registry Convert PE v1.4.2.0 - Convert .Reg to .Au3 & .Reg & .script
Extracted_Wim_Folders: Extract boot.wim and install.wim to folders and get ready to build, thanks Lancelot.
Update_BLexact_Win7PE SE: Script helps you to download 'exact' copy of 'project server' and to Update easly. Thanks to BlueLife for BLExactServer, thanks Lancelot for the script.
And more......

Caution, the Folder Debug was renamed to Utils (more appropriate)

Notes: the update of win7pe.winbuilder.net/SE server with dropbox does not work currently. The scripts on the server are not up to date.

A special thanks to Lancelot, 2aCD for the very good previous additions, and ALL others to make this project better and better :thumbup .

Important: Always Check Win7PE SE topic post 1 to get latest updates and informations.

Edited by ChrisR, 22 July 2011 - 10:10 AM.

TheKeymaker

TheKeymaker
  • 5 posts
Hello everyone,

I am a Win7PE_SE newbie but I've managed to get an image of Win7PE_SE working on my target machine. My problem (question) is how do get a program to automatically start after Win7PE_SE boots?

Here is my current script which I've located in the C:\Win7PE_SE_2011_07_22\Projects\Win7PE_SE\Apps\testProgram directory.

[main]
Title=TestProgram
Description=Autostart test program
Selected=True
Level=5
Version=1
NoWarning=False
Download_Level=0

[variables]
%ProgramTitle%=TestProgram
%ProgramEXE%=TestProgram.exe
%ProgramFolder%=TestProgram

[process]
CopyProgram,%ScriptDir%\%ProgramFolder%,%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%
Hive_Load,HKCU
RegWrite,HKLM,0x2,%reg%\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce,"TestProgram","#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%#$q"
Hive_Unload

The script does not work as TestProgram.exe does not start after Win7PESE boots.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Lancelot_Real

Lancelot_Real

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
Hi TheKeymaker,

Try
Add_Shortcut,AutoRun

Also check "Script Creator" here http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=178

TheKeymaker

TheKeymaker
  • 5 posts
@Lancelot_Real.

Thank you for the response. I added Add_Shortcut,AutoRun and that did not work.

Adding "Add_Shortcut,Desktop" and/or "Add_Shortcut,StartMenu" DOES work and when i click on the shortcuts the program launches. So I don't think there is a problem with my program or it's location.

Is there something else I need to do to get a program to automatically start on Win7PE_SE boot up?

Thank you.

Edited by TheKeymaker, 20 September 2011 - 03:48 AM.

Lancelot_Real

Lancelot_Real

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
Hi TheKeymaker,

try with multires
http://www.entechtai...l/multires.shtm

%ProgramTitle%=TestMultiRes
%ProgramEXE%=MultiRes.exe
%ProgramFolder%=TestMultiRes
Add_Shortcut,AutoRun

here it works nicely.

Here also another test routine:

Test.cmd
Echo Test
pause

%ProgramExe%=Test.cmd
Add_Shortcut,AutoRun

If not secret, what is your "TestProgram" ?
or what is your goal with your TestProgram ???
or do you need special* operations, like we used to do with runonce, or is it only about starting an application like multires......

Edited by Lancelot_Real, 20 September 2011 - 09:20 AM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,672 posts

Donator

try with multires

Is this the same multires?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Lancelot_Real

Lancelot_Real

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Yes,
only packed to easly test as plugin..

if there is license trouble, i can find another example.......

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,672 posts

Donator

Yes,
only packed to easly test as plugin..

if there is license trouble, i can find another example.......

Since not all are free (I didn't download it so you can check the EULA if you want) I'd use a different option. Only because you posted a mediafire link instead of the original link (like me) plus instructions on how to make the plugin.
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Lancelot_Real

Lancelot_Real

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
Yes bad eula,
I changed link on my post 56 :thumbup

Now I need to find another example to be used in future :whistle:

TheKeymaker

TheKeymaker
  • 5 posts
@Lancelot_Real (and others)

OK, as a diagnostic test, I've been able to get cmd.exe and and an AutoitV3 compiled program to start on boot up but not my test program.

The test program is a simple Winforms program written in C# using Visual Studio 2008 and .net framework 3.5. So it must be something with/in my test program. My win7PE build is configured to install .Net framework with options "Run from RAM" and "Full without reference Assemblies".

What is interesting is I can start the test program with no problem within Win7PE by clicking the shortcut or by clicking the program directly in its folder.

I'll investigate further and report back.

Thanks for the help so far!

Regards,
TheKeymaker

Lancelot_Real

Lancelot_Real

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
Hi TheKeymaker,

brrrr .net :whistle:
I guess PE3 needs time to get .net ready or needs explorer start first.....

To delay I use sleep.exe, to start vnc server after network operational (driver installs, service starts....) , I guess it will fit this situation too.

check following test plugin, which has 30 seconds delay with sleep.exe
http://www.mediafire...7o4m5n6ghk1aqa6

TheKeymaker

TheKeymaker
  • 5 posts
@Lancelot_Real

I've already written an AutoIt compiled script which delays start of my program but I've set the delay at 300 seconds (5 min) and it works. It would be better if i know which process is preventing my program from starting then I can simply monitor for that process to load (or unload) before calling my program. I may still use your delay script though.

Do you know which process or program is the one that needs to be "active" or "loaded" before a program like mine can start?

Thanks!

TheKeymaker

Edited by TheKeymaker, 21 September 2011 - 08:40 AM.

Lancelot_Real

Lancelot_Real

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Do you know which process or program is the one that needs to be "active" or "loaded" before a program like mine can start?

Sorry I do not know, I am a typical person, a member of .net hate club :whistle: using nt5x and when available nt5x-x64 :whistle: , not much knowledge about .net processes (only: I remember installing hostos takes quite long.......)
I can say, .net plugin do not have startup register dll or .exe operation, seeing your setting so long (5min) I can only guess this is about .net initiating itsself, like in real os.....

ps: as far as I can remember, you are the first who wanted to use .net application at startup :angel ....

Check taskmanager at Win7PESE bootup to see if .net using something noticable to arrange wait.............

Since I am not at home, I can not test further (here using Pentium4 with 512Ram ;))..

If you figure out, let us know :thumbup

TheKeymaker

TheKeymaker
  • 5 posts
@Lancelot_Real,

Okay I've got rid of the long 5 minute delay and everything is working now with much shorter delays.

I've written an AutoIt program launching application that has a 10 sec startup delay to allow other Win7PE_SE apps to start, then it waits for for HWPnp.exe process (hardware plug-n-play) to finish, pauses again for launch delay and then it launches my program.

The program is called like this: ProgramStarter.exe <startup_delay> <launch_delay> Both delays are in seconds and I have written a Win7PE_SE script that allows setting both delays

.Attached File  Win7PESE_000.PNG   18.38KB   7 downloads

I wanted a more general general program starter that could work with any program such as: ProgramStarter.exe <startup_delay> <launch_delay> <path_to_program_to_Launch> But for some reason this does not work when using AutoRun (in the Win7PE.cfg file):

THIS WORKS: nowait|TestProgram|%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Mediaserver\ProgramStarter.exe 10 10
but,
THIS DOES NOT WORK: nowait|TestProgram|%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Mediaserver\ProgramStarter.exe 10 10 "X:\Program Files\MediaServer\ProgramToStart.exe"
and,
THIS DOES NOT WORK: nowait|TestProgram|%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Mediaserver\ProgramStarter.exe 10 10 "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\MediaServer\ProgramToStart.exe"

So i had to hard-code the program to launch in the AutoIt script.

Thank you for all your help!

Edited by TheKeymaker, 22 September 2011 - 04:35 PM.

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 215 posts
Project Updated: Win7PE_SE_20111018

The project now comes with two packages, the complete package and a small package.

For newcomers, start with the small version to avoid being lost and then come step by step to the full version of the base.
For others, choose and good synchronization with your projects

Features:

Search: Search programs and files - Search in startmenu, thanks Dera.
1-explorer - 5-explorer: Enable x64 Shutdown and Restart. We now have the shutdown function in x86 & x64 through start menu button, thanks JFX.
ShutdownPE: Added x64 Shutdown and Restart explorer integration. We have now both x86 & x64 Shutdown and Restart Start Menu Integration, thanks Homes32.
Additional_Fonts: Additional fonts, register them at startup, Windows Font Cache service, based on Gena & Ludovici script.
CMD Adds: Adds useful Standalone Command Utilities, script from Gena package.
Display: Modded by Dera, Choose Aero theme (architecture, landscapes,..) and Wallpaper, Slideshow, thanks Dera.
NetworkCenter: Adds Network Center environment in your Win7PE, thanks Dera.
Vss: The Volume Shadow Copy Service allow volume backups to be performed on a running system. Some backup apps need this service. thanks JFX, Dera.
MBRFix: Perform several Master Boot Record (MBR) tasks.
PortableApps: added portable applications from PortableApps.com in your PE, thanks NetFanTom.
HotKeyAu3: Create your HotKey, thanks Nikzzzz.
Script_Creator_10_Packed: Prepare scripts for portable applications, thanks Lancelot.
Script_Creator_Innounp: Easy start preparation of Innounp scripts, thanks Lancelot.
!ScriptManager: Aids in managing script selections and options (Opensource). very useful for backup and restore your settings or with Multi-WIM for example, thanks Galapo.

Common_Api: Updated to version 27rev00, now we have stable CAPI.
gsar.exe: in tools. General Search And Replace in both text and binary files.
winutil.exe: in tools. Wim files uility with many options, updated to version 3.2.0.0, thanks homes32.
SetACL.exe: in tools. Management of Windows permissions (ACLs) and object ownership, updated to version2.2
Opera_USB: updated to version 11.51
72hours: moved to Tweaks folder.
serviwin: View and manage list of installed drivers and services, updated 1.48
1-files: Copy only used bootsrc mui files for standard file copy,dependency of xcopy, W32Time service, Font control panel, ...
2-Config: Fix install inf file, RunOnceEx dependencies added,...
DaRT70: Microsoft Diagnostic and Recovery Toolset version 7.0, thanks yahooUK & JonF
DotNetFx: improvement for SP1, Framework64, add Assemblys for Powershell with DotNet 2.0 only, thanks 2aCD.
IE Internet Explorer: Added inetres.dll to save page to MHTML format (mht file), thanks Sevilho.
MsPowerShell: improvements for x64 buildings.
PENetwork: Autostart PeNetwork After Shell (RunOnce) or Before Shell (AddAutoRun), awaiting the new version of Holger.
Drivers script: Ability to add a pause (debug) during installation of drivers.
VcRunTimes: Added Microsoft VC++ 2010 runtime in addition to VC++ 2005/2008, script rewritten by Homes32.
3-qDir: Q-Dir in version 4.70 now.
1-wallpaper: compatible with Wallpaper in JPG.
4-iso: Chenall grub4dos version 0.4.5b of 2011-10-09 and memdisk from Isolinux version4.04.
USBDevice: Chenall grub4dos version 0.4.5b of 2011-10-09 and grubinst-1.2-bin-w32-2008-12-30 by chenall.
USBDeviceBCD: change to use the original BCD, Chenall grub4dos version 0.4.5b of 2011-10-09, thanks NetFanTom.
Share Scripts W7PE: BlueLink Creator BlueLink.exe updated to v1.1.0.4, thanks BlueLife.
and more ...

Win7PESE82_Builder : WinBuilder v82.0.1.0 added in addition to Win7PESE80_Builder v80.0.3.0.

Thank you Dera, NetFanTom for sharing your projects :thumbup: based on Win7PE_SE .
Thank you JFX, 2aCD, Homes32, Lancelot, Galapo and all others who helps to improve this project B)

Have fun Posted Image

Important: Always Check Win7PE SE topic post 1 to get latest updates and informations.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,672 posts

Donator

Download contains SSShim.dll, which is a Windows operating system file. Anyone working with this tool, would presumably have access to a Windows 7 system or installation source. This file should not be included in your download, unless you can provide a redistributable version (with accompanying documentation) as you did with the VC++ dll. :angry:
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 215 posts
Hi Tripredacus,

Not much time right now, complicated to be 100% legal, If you allows me, I watch tonight or tomorrow to this dll.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,920 posts

Donator

for me it fails when I add Network sharing center:

(Network Center) DirMake - Failed to create directory: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PE_SE\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"]: Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch

DirMake - Failed to create directory: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PE_SE\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"]: Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch

Posted Image

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

for me it fails when I add Network sharing center:

(Network Center) DirMake - Failed to create directory: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PE_SE\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"]: Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch

DirMake - Failed to create directory: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PE_SE\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"]: Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch

yes indeed, there is a quota in excess in line 106 of NetworkCenter.script, can you remove it manually for the moment.

DirMake,%targetdir%\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"
==>
DirMake,%targetdir%\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Does anyone know, what tools, in tools folder, required SSShim.dll (I do not remember) and if anyone has info on the legal redistribution or not of this dll.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,920 posts

Donator

package manager needs it, but your DLL version is from Vista. I don't know if you really need the SSShim.dll any longer.

I'll test it again with the fixed file :thumbup
Posted Image

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 215 posts
Thank you :)

With the help of JFX, SSShim.dll was needed by peimg.exe for vista driverintegration.

The project is no longer compatible with Vista now, so I will remove this dll and republish the package (with the quote correction in Networkcenter also).

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,672 posts

Donator

Not much time right now, complicated to be 100% legal, If you allows me, I watch tonight or tomorrow to this dll.

With the help of JFX, SSShim.dll was needed by peimg.exe for vista driverintegration.

If I don't occassionally check these things, some might start saying I'm being lax in my duties here. :}
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

If I don't occassionally check these things, some might start saying I'm being lax in my duties here. :}

A little annoying when we made efforts to make a nice opensource project.
But I can understand, it's your job as moderator, and you do it well ;).

I updated the 2 packages 20111018 with small corrections needed:
Removing SSShim.dll (not redistributable) in tools which is used for vista driverintegration (Some scripts are Vista compatible but not the entire project).
Explorer shell, uncheck the "enable shutdown button" checkbox, the ShutdownPE's integration is enabled, one option or the other, thanks Homes32

Fix a wandering quote in NetworkCenter script, thanks MagicAndre1981.
Line 106 : DirMake,%targetdir%\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" ==> DirMake,%targetdir%\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

ImgBurn ISO updated to v2.5.6.0, freshly updated by Galapo.

Those who have already downloaded, outside ImgBurn, you can do it manually.

Posted Image

Edited by ChrisR, 19 October 2011 - 05:05 PM.

Beaudster

Beaudster
  • 7 posts
Hi All, first off I need to get this off my chest, ChrisR, you sir are brilliant, thank you for all your hard work it is GREATLY appreciated ( un gros merci, tu ne peux t'imaginer combien ton outils nous est utiles ici!)

Ok I have some questions/issues I hope someone can help me with:

1-How do you permanently remove the Auto-update Check for Opera? Its frickin annoying to have it pop up all the time you launch the Opera web Browser

2-this one is also driving me nuts; I want to have both Internet explorer and Opera installed BUT I want internet explorer to use "proxy's" while opera uses normal access to the internet. Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish this? If I configure proxy's then Opera uses them too....

3-How can add/modify/delete the links in the start menu "Favorites" ?

4-Pin to taskbar doesn't work for me, what am I doing wrong? trying to pin a vbs script I wrote to the quicklaunch taskbar (%systemdrive%\Program Files\GHOST\ghost32.vbs) the shortcut I created in the start menu works fine, but I cant get the **** thing to be pinned to the quicklaunch! grrr

a big thank you to anyone who can help me out with these issues!

Cheers

Seb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN