Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Win7PE SE

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10
Hi 'Beaudster;

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate and it is a big thank to all who bring things to the project :)

1-How do you permanently remove the Auto-update Check for Opera? Its frickin annoying to have it pop up all the time you launch the Opera web Browser

I tried it a while ago, I have not found any settings to remove this popup "a new verssion is available".
It seems to be internally in opera, if someone has the tip, it will be added.

2-this one is also driving me nuts; I want to have both Internet explorer and Opera installed BUT I want internet explorer to use "proxy's" while opera uses normal access to the internet. Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish this? If I configure proxy's then Opera uses them too....

Good question but but I have no answer now, never tried

3-How can add/modify/delete the links in the start menu "Favorites" ?

Try in explorer script, the button "Additional options", there is an option "show favorites" for this.

4-Pin to taskbar doesn't work for me, what am I doing wrong? trying to pin a vbs script I wrote to the quicklaunch taskbar (%systemdrive%\Program Files\GHOST\ghost32.vbs) the shortcut I created in the start menu works fine, but I cant get the **** thing to be pinned to the quicklaunch! grrr

The Pins program does not create shortcuts and Not all files can be pinned, try to pin directly on the startmenu shortcuts previously created
Example : $Start_Menu\Programs\Network\PENetwork.lnk

Regards,
Chris

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Lancelot_Real

Lancelot_Real

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 14-November 07
Hi Beaudster,

1-How do you permanently remove the Auto-update Check for Opera?

luckly same setting with Opera 10,
Extract this new script
http://www.mediafire...lnprdtdjv6d1dxy
to
...\Projects\Win7PE_SE\Apps\Network

Also Check: Win7PE_SE\Components --> IE Favorites

4-Pin to taskbar doesn't work for me,

Check "Pin Features:" here
http://theoven.org/i....php?topic=37.0

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10
Thank you my friend Lancelot :thumbsup

after test by Beaudster, opera without the auto-update option will be on the server, see next post :)

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10
The Download server is now available: w7pese.cwcodes.net

Go to the new website Win7PE SE Home Page and project index

I updated the 2 packages Win7PE_SE_20111020 to be synchronized with the server and to make small adjustments:

Explorer: Uncheck "Enable Shutdown button" checkbox
SSShim.dll: deleted in tools folder
NetworkCenter: I had several script in test, I wish to publish the simplest, thank you Ludovici and Dera
Vss: deleting a wrong Line coming from a copy-paste

Important: Always Check Win7PE SE topic post 1 to get latest updates and informations.

pokemon1

pokemon1

• 25 posts
  • Joined 05-June 08

To permanently delete the 3 links from fav;
- open '1 - Copy Files' script
- remove following lines
Add,Url,,"Win7PE SE Reboot.url",http://reboot.pro/forum/91/,#$psystemroot#$p\System32\Reboot.ico
Add,Url,,"Win7PE SE MSFN.url",http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/149758-win7pe-se/,#$psystemroot#$p\System32\msfn_modrica.ico
Add,Url,,"Win7PE SE The Oven.url",http://theoven.org/index.php?board=20.0,#$psystemroot#$p\System32\TheOven.ico

Cheers,

pokemon1

pokemon1

• 25 posts
  • Joined 05-June 08
Hi Chris,
With regard to new Network Center script; an observation....

- It is holding the boot process for some time. Something it is doing in the background that is delaying to get into the desktop screen. When I remove this script from build, it boots very fast.

Does this script support WPA key? In other word, can we replace PE Network with this one? Function wise does it do anything that PE network can NOT do?

+ testing with new network center script. Will report back if i am facing the same delay...

Edited by pokemon1, 20 October 2011 - 05:32 PM.

Beaudster

Beaudster
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11
@ChrisR: Thank you for your help! Great info I will look into your suggestions.
@Lancelot: Thank you, the Opera Script works like a charm, I will be trying the pin to taskbar info from the link you provided this afternoon! thank you!!
@Pokemon: thanks for info, I found those lines in the 1 - Copy Files scripts! exactly what I was looking for! :-)

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10

Hi Chris,
With regard to new Network Center script; an observation....

- It is holding the boot process for some time. Something it is doing in the background that is delaying to get into the desktop screen. When I remove this script from build, it boots very fast.

Does this script support WPA key? In other word, can we replace PENetwork with this one? Function wise does it do anything that PE network can NOT do?

+ testing with new network center script. Will report back if i am facing the same delay...

The "~Old~" networkcenter script with many feature, tried to replace completely PeNetwork, but very long at startup (startup services, net ....). This script is experimental and under development.
It is an error on my part to have inserted it :blushing:

The new one is much safer, does not change the startup (except wim file size), it provides just the icon and controls. The very good PENetwork still needed with this script :thumbup .

Edit: Holger is working on a new version of PENetwork with many improvements :w00t: :thumbup , once out, thank you to all the testers !!!

Regards :)

Edited by ChrisR, 21 October 2011 - 05:02 PM.

Beaudster

Beaudster
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11
Ok so far I was able to fix ALL my issues (thanks to ChrisR, lancelot and Pokemon)

I only have ONE left so 1000 points to whoever can offer me advice on this one.

I need to set some Exceptions in my proxy settings in internet explorer, but the script only has the Proxy address you can input.

Otherwise on intranet website don't work and its a pain to go set it up every time.

thanks to all who take a shot and reply :-)

Cheers!

Seb

Edited by Beaudster, 25 October 2011 - 11:52 AM.

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10
Not sure, try by adding this to the end of the [process]

RegHiveLoad,Tmp_Software,%RegSoftware%
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,Tmp_Software\Sherpya\XPEinit\Proxy,Exclusion,"Exclusion1;Exclusion2;Exclusion3"
RegHiveUnLoad,Tmp_Software

or try, before, to add this key manually by using Regedit script in Utils (in Tmp_Software)

Regards,
Chris

Beaudster

Beaudster
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11
Chris, I added your line at the end of [process] of the IE_Proxy_Settings.script

AND IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!!!

At the risk like sounding like a broken record...you sir, are the best!!

THANK YOU!

Seb

Not sure, try by adding this to the end of the [process]

RegHiveLoad,Tmp_Software,%RegSoftware%
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,Tmp_Software\Sherpya\XPEinit\Proxy,Exclusion,"Exclusion1;Exclusion2;Exclusion3"
RegHiveUnLoad,Tmp_Software

or try, before, to add this key manually by using Regedit script in Utils (in Tmp_Software)

Regards,
Chris

slimzky

slimzky

Self-Taught Geek

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Joined 09-February 05
Thanks for this application. Worked perfect for me!
Posted Image

Beaudster

Beaudster
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11
I have two more requirements that have popped up lately and I was wondering if anyone can help:

first: How do you disable Autorun? I ask because after Imaging a pc using ghost, autorun pops up when it detects the drive after its been imaged and it makes explorer crash. doh!

second: I love the grub4dos dual boot win7pe and memtest option, but I want to add a third option, a software we use called Blancco. Blancco is just a 20 meg bootable ISO we normally have to burn on a CD to use (it wipes hard drive info, its our corporate standard, we have no choice to use it)

Is there a way to add an option or script in "other os" than can point to a bootable .ISO file of our choice and add it the boot up cd menu? (along with win7pe and memtest86)

thank you!!!

Seb

Edited by Beaudster, 30 January 2012 - 07:41 AM.

Lancelot_Real

Lancelot_Real

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 14-November 07
Hi Beaudster,

for second:
Try "Script Creator OtherOS"
http://TheOven.org/index.php?topic=258

for first:
an idea,
Try Disableing
Components->Hotplug

Beaudster

Beaudster
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11
WOOOHOOO!!!

both solutions worked flawlessly!

Thank you so much for your help Lancelot, it is greatly appreciated!!!

Much obliged

Kindest regards

Seb

Edited by Beaudster, 31 January 2012 - 09:42 AM.

Beaudster

Beaudster
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11
**** I made a mistake, I though autorun was want I wanted to disable, it turns out its "autoplay" that I need to disable. Grrr Autoplay makes explorer crash after I image a hrad drive.

Can anyone help? I really need to disable autoplay.

thanks

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10

Can anyone help? I really need to disable autoplay.

I have no really idea to help you, except disable Hotplug as Lancelot previously mentioned.

Can you tell us the script used and your Ghost version (I unfortunately did not have a Ghost license to test)

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10
Project Updated: Win7PE_SE_2012_02_16

Main Features:
ImdiskRamdisk and Imdisk_Installer: ImDisk is a virtual disk driver for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 x86-x64-IA64, thanks Olof Lagerkvist
Create a RamDisk with ImDisk set its size in % or MB and Change 'Temp' environment variable.
More flexible, the Ram size depends of the amount of Ram on the host computer.

Support_Log: Expands log functionality to next levels - Plugin Designed to be used by Other plugins (see Support LogTopic),thanks Lancelot
Main Features: Log with additional infos, Thanks BlueLife, Automatic Create packed Log with guide if build failure,
Move Previous build log files to %BaseDir%\Logs sub folder,
Check files at %BaseDir%\Logs to delete if exceeds number of days (default 5 days) and Check size of %BaseDir%\Logs to delete if exceeds a limit (default 400MB).
In WB options, it is advised to enable Log automatically and Logname with Timestamp (options defined by default in the project).

PENetwork: PENetwork 0.57.2 added with the choice to use PENetwork 0.56 or PENetwork 0.58.B3 (beta 3), thanks Holger
Main Configuration: disable some file and reg warnings with buttons and checkbox to enable or not the function for developer, thanks 2aCD, Lancelot
Images: Adding UAC check and Hive Load Test, wiminfo run now with 7-Zip 9.2 by default to support unicode (Russian, Chinese, Korean, ...), thanks JFX
2-Config: autorun (postconfig) shortcuts.exe accept now js, vbs and wsf files, Improvement of au3 support.

IE Internet Explorer: add x86 Browser for x64 systems +,thanks 2aCD
IE_Flash_IE: updated to v11.0.1.152 - Flash 32 or 64 bit.
IE_Proxy_Settings: Add proxy Exlusionlist.

2-MakeShortcuts: Make Shortcuts at BuildTime.
Common_Api: v30rev03 New API Add_Pin,RecentPrograms,... to add your shortcuts to the list of Recent Programs. Help in Pins script, button "Add Pin Information for script developers", thanks 2aCD
IconPositions: Arrange your Icons on Desktop, need 2 passes, thanks 2aCD
PartedMagic: Restructured code and updated for new file name format, thanks sbaeder
Multi-WIM: adding an option to copy programs from an other architecture or another folder, thanks 2aCD.
XP-PE: Add XP PE (Gena, LiveXP,...) to the Bootmanager Menu, Grub4Dos is needed.
HiveUnLoad: unloads all hives loaded from a folder, thanks bluelife, Lancelot
4-iso and Copy to USB-Device: grub4dos-0.4.5c-2012-02-01, thanks chenall and Isolinux version 4.05.
and many improvements, additions, code cleanup... to further improve the reliability and soundness of your building B)

Notes:
The folder Finalize has been rennamed to Finals.
The script zzz_Save_logfile has been removed from project (see Support Log).
The script Q-Dir has been removed from shell and moved to "Apps\File Tasks" with the latest version 4.95 and multilanguage support.

Important: Always Check http://www.msfn.org/...ost&pid=955693'>Win7PE SE topic post 1 to get latest updates and informations.

Enjoy Posted Image

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10
Project Updated: Win7PE_SE_2012_04_13

Main Features (in disorder):
Mkisofs: updated to accept files of up to 4 GB (eg: ISO file to install windows). Thanks for the advice cdob
PENetwork: PENetwork 0.58.b5 (beta 5) inside in addition to v0.57.2. Added StartToTray and CloseToTray. Thanks Holger
Opera11: Opera 11.62. New script starting from Opera10 which works on Ram, USB and also on CD/DVD, very good for the RAM. Thanks Saydin77 and Lancelot
Flash_Package: Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.233 for Opera
HwPnP: Newer version 2012.03.25 x86 and NOW x64 with win8 supporting. Thanks paraglider
Runscanner: Newer version 1.0.0.26. Thanks paraglider
ppAppsGen17: Newer version replaces ppAppsGen16. Thanks amalux
MMC: Remove FxSnapins (only running with enabled DotNet), add WMI and shortcut for Device Manager. Thanks 2aCD
locale: Better support for other "system locale" Auto
Explorer Shell: and µExplorer. Improvements for Security-Tab, Previous version Tab and sharing Tab, thanks 2aCD
Attribute Changer_Petges: Updated to version 7.0
Parted Magic Linux: Script partly rewritten, new PMagic file name format, Use Local Iso, Additional menu items with submenu and multilingual.
Imdisk_Installer: Updated ImDisk to v.1.5.7, Thanks Olof Lagerkvist
Support_Log: Extension for better support, Thanks Lancelot
4-iso: Added GFX-Boot options - grub4dos-0.4.6a-2012-03-26, Thanks for idea madmax
USBDevice: Added GFX-Boot options, BootIce v0.9_2011.0512 (in option) for formatting and write G4D Mbr, Latest grub4dos
USBDeviceBCD: Interface review, BootIce and Grub4dos
GFXBoot: Create yourself a nice Grub4Dos Menu with GFX boot customizer, Thanks Sbond
and as usual, others changes and improvements here and there ;)

Attached File  Win7PE_SE-GFX_Menu.jpg   117.25KB   10 downloads
GFX boot menu example

Notes:
with the new version, Opera_USB (and file container), was deleted.
To update your projects, you can use the very good ScriptManager to save your current configuration and restore it later B)

Important: Always Check http://www.msfn.org/...ost&pid=955693'>Win7PE SE topic post 1 to get latest updates and informations.

Posted Image

Edited by ChrisR, 13 April 2012 - 04:06 PM.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,060 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

Posted Image

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10
Project Updated: Win7PE_SE_2012_04_16

Small fixes, view on the previous package.
Thanks to you for your feedback and, of course, to all contributors.

Main Features:
penetwork: Latest PENetwork 0.58.b8 (beta 8) inside.
2-BGInfo: Download URL changed by sysinternals
ClearLock: Fixed set a password with a win7 x64 host and with a win7 x86 source
4-iso: Fixed extract GFX-BOOT.GFX if not exist
USBDevice: Adding an option not to format, fixed extract GFX-BOOT.GFX if not exist
USBDeviceBCD: Adding an option not to format

Caution: Be careful with copyToUSB scripts, the formatting here is semi-automatic and ALL partions and data on the selected disk are deleted !
Some great tools, will allow you more options to preserve your partitions for example.

Posted Image

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,060 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

again, thx. Good that I had no time last weekend to create a new ISO :D
Posted Image

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10
Project Updated: Win7PE_SE_20120704

To workaround the old address server which has never been removed, in the list of Web servers available.
The folder, the %ProjectName% variable were renamed from Win7PE_SE to Win7PESE and other things related.
The project name remains Win7PE_SE or Win7PESE
Reminder: the ONLY download server for Win7PE_SE is w7pese.cwcodes.net

It is better, in a first step, to download the full or small package.

Main Features:
Retrieve Tools: If you do not have the required WAIK Files, They will be only ONCE downloaded (~10MB) during build by using the nice tool of JFX GetWaikTools
GetWaikTools: Get WAIK Tools w/o loading the huge ISO's, thanks JFX

Main Configuration: GFX-BootMenu added to the choice of BootSkin for Grub4Dos.
4 choices are possible now in Main Configuration, for the localizations settings: Systeme Locale, Format (international), Keyboard and TimeZone.
For each, you can choose to import your settings from your HostOS or choose the Auto mode or a Localization predefined.
locale, Format, KeyBoard, TimeZone scripts: Depending on the setting in main configuration
HostOS Import Manager: review and hidden now. Import your HostOS settings to your PE. Locale, Format, Keyboard, TimeZone.

Common_Api: version 31
Q-Dir_Nenad: Q-Dir version 5.16
Opera_v12_saydin77: Opera v12.00 build 1467, thanks Lancelot, JFX
Flash_Package: Adobe Flash Player 11_3_300_257 for Opera
PortableApps: PortableApps.com Platform 10.0.1
HotKey: added Arguments, thanks Nikzzzz
Attribute Changer Petges: Attributes Changer 7.0b
Switch Keyboard: Switch Keyboard with HotKey
hotplug: Hotswap! Updated 6.0.0.0
IE_Flash_IE: updated to Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257
Max Resolution: Switch to maximal supported display-resolution, thanks 2aCD
Classic Shell: The nice Classic Start Menu rewritten for version v3.5.0 with many options available.
USB 3.0 Support: Adds AMD, Asmedia, Etron, Fresco Logic, Intel, Renesas2/3, Texas Instruments and Via USB3 Drivers to your PE2/3 build. PE3 native USB boot, thanks cdob
RegReConvert: ReConvert premade .reg files to Normal Reg or ReReConvert with RegCPE, thanks Lancelot
ImgBurn ISO: updated to v2.5.7.0, thanks Lancelot
4-iso, Copy to USB-Device and Copy to USB-Device BCD BootMGR: grub4dos-0.4.5c-2012-06-19 and bootice v20120520

and many others script updated...

Notes:
With the new Opera_v12, the previous script Opera_v11_saydin77 (and file container), was deleted.
HostOS Import Manager.script is now hidden, it was revised and moved in the Build folder.

Happy building
Posted Image

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,060 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

awesome. thanks.

Attribute changer got an update to 7.10 and Q-dir is at version 5.22
Posted Image

ChrisR

ChrisR

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10
Thanks for the info :), here the 2 scripts updated (on w7pese server)
Q-Dir
Attribute Changer Petge

I do not update apps all the time, but from time to time.
Too difficult to follow, such as Q-Dir which updates every 15 days ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)