Xbox 360 Problems

N30N

Hey there.

I've been trying for ages to get my Xbox connected up to Xbox Live through my PC (using an ethernet cable) But unluckily I have a Belkin N+ router, which are apparently on the unsupported list of router on the Xbox website.

I have tryed nearly everything. I can't even connect up to the PC to use media sharing through WMP11.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 (I hate Windows auto-updates!)

I have tryed connecting my Xbox directly to the router, and reserving the IP address of the Xbox, and opening ports: TCP 80, UDP 88, UDP 3074, TCP 3074, UDP 53, TCP 53 - but still to no avail.

If I go onto the properties of the network connection of the Xbox, and set the IP address to automatic (through the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) ) then I get a 'Limited or no connectivity' notification. But if I change it to manual, and enter the IP that I reserved on the router (192.168.2.3) then it says it is connected, but it makes my internet connection to the PC fail, and most pages wont load (and even then the Xbox even fails to connect to the PC)

I have tried everything from hundreds of pages on the internet, but still nothing. At one point I did get the Xbox to connect via Media Sharing in WMP11, but I am unsure how I did it, and havent been able to do it since then.

Can anyone help? I may have been a bit vauge - if you need any more info then please ask and I will try to the fullest to help.

EDIT - Have just bridged the connections, and I am connected to Xbox Live, and the internet simultaneously - Although it says both of my connections are offline (Due to the network bridge) Will this do? Is this the closest I will get? or is there something else I can do? I don't like seeing both of my connections in the taskbar saying they are disconnected (although they aren't)