BatchPatcher Downloader

Glenn9999

Thank you Very Much Glenn9999.

You've Solved my Problem which i've been having and searching for along long time. You are an Angel sent to save me.

I recommend this software to anyone who wants to update there computers and use the downloaded file to update other Pc's.

I tried it on My win 7 and XP and i found it ok if you compared it to windows update agent.

It would be great if it could be showing the size of each of the updates found and the option to hide updates and Missing Updates installation. but still best software for updating system that i've come across.

Two Thumbs Up.

Edited by centi50

The BatchPatcher Downloader Could not download this updates for win 7 x64 i dont know why. It listed as found updates and it was correct when i compared it with win7 update Agent, But it could not download. the Updates are

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2545698)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2547666)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2552343)

All the above updates dated 2011-06-28

Help will be much Appreciated

When i Run Batchpatcher Downloader on Win XP SP2 I get "Access violation at address 0043AEAD in Module "batdownloader.exe" Read of Address 00000008. and after clicking ok another box appears withe Message "Class not registered".

Then when when i click Get URL List nothing happens.

Please help

When i Run Batchpatcher Downloader on Win XP SP2 I get "Access violation at address 0043AEAD in Module "batdownloader.exe" Read of Address 00000008. and after clicking ok another box appears withe Message "Class not registered".

The app uses MSXML 6.0 for a couple of functions. Do you have that installed?

The BatchPatcher Downloader Could not download this updates for win 7 x64 i dont know why. It listed as found updates and it was correct when i compared it with win7 update Agent, But it could not download. the Updates are

What shows up for these when you save the list to text file (File/Save List)?

What shows up for these when you save the list to text file (File/Save List)?

I did Not understand your question "What shows up for these when you save the list to text file". Please explain what you mean exactly

I did Not understand your question "What shows up for these when you save the list to text file". Please explain what you mean exactly

Exactly as I described it. When you have a list of updates on the program, it should give you an option under the File menu to "Save List". I'm asking what those updates you listed display as in that text file.

Exactly as I described it. When you have a list of updates on the program, it should give you an option under the File menu to "Save List". I'm asking what those updates you listed display as in that text file.

Please see Attached text file i saved from the program or see below

2011-06-28 Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2545698)

Listing of File URLs:

Description:

Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------

2011-06-28 Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2547666)

Listing of File URLs:

Description:

Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------

2011-06-28 Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2552343)

Listing of File URLs:

Description:

28 Jun 11 Updates Win 7.Txt

The app uses MSXML 6.0 for a couple of functions. Do you have that installed?

Yes It is installed. see attached Screenshot

post-275669-0-79973700-1309349533_thumb.

Glenn9999. The reason why batchPatcher Downloader was not working and give the error i mentioned beforehand was

1. It needed MSXML6.0 which was Missing,and

2. Windows Installer 3.1

After installing the above it worked.

Thanks Anyway for trying to help. But i suggest you should mention what are pre requirements for Your Software to Work.

Edited by centi50

Glenn9999. The reason why batchPatcher Downloader was not working and give the error i mentioned beforehand was 1. It needed MSXML6.0 which was Missing,and2. Windows Installer 3.1After installing the above it worked.Thanks Anyway for trying to help.

But i suggest you should mention what are pre requirements for Your Software to Work.

@centi50

If I was you, Service Pack 3 would be my first upgrade, you did mention you were running XP SP2. You would have had both Windows Installer 3.1 and MSXML 6.0 installed.

I don't know anything about this tool but if it's going to run and scan your XP SP2 machine for updates you may find fewer available for XP SP2, another good reason to upgrade. You might look into installing Windows Installer 4.5 after SP3 then your XP machine should be ready - JMO :)

This app looks to have potential and I agree with you centi50, in the Help dialog and at the top of the supplied text file I would have Minimum System Requirements to run the app - otherwise I like it :)

Some of the verbiage is a bit vague but this is to be expected at beta so no biggie, like i said - :thumbup

Thanks Anyway for trying to help. But i suggest you should mention what are pre requirements for Your Software to Work.

Usually everything is a learning process and I've learned many things out of this already and will learn more as time goes on. Like was said, it's BETA software I'm just throwing out to share since it seems useful (and to give these observations on bugs and feature oversights that I don't see in my own testing, especially since I don't have unlimited resources and time), so no guarantee that all things are working in all cases. As for the talk about MSXML 6.0, I researched and found that MSXML 3.0 is installed with Windows Update Agent, so I changed my current build (which will be 0.09 BETA when put here) to use that instead. That should eliminate one requirement. But rest assured I want this to work and work well by the time I call it done (i.e. STOP calling it beta) and I do take fixing these things seriously. So thanks to all of you for reporting these issues so they can be addressed!

As for pre-requirements, the software uses Windows Update (as clearly stated), so it's a logical assumption that all the pre-requisites for Windows Update (Windows Update Agent, BITS, and Windows Installer) are required for this program as well. Naturally, checks for those things will have to be instated and data will be added to the documentation indicating that. Documentation on using the program will come eventually as well. These preinitialization service availability requirements are tomasz86's issue as well. I duplicated the error in disabling the "Automatic Updates" service, but I'm sure there are other service names in other Windows OSes.

On the other issue, the app is supposed to filter out specific files which are user-executable offline updating files (EXE & MSU). Windows Update offers a number of other file types (CAB, PSF), which should not be shown as part of normal functionality. Right now this means it should pick up EXE and MSU but checking the updates in question indicates there is an error, which will be fixed.

Thanks again for your input and it will help in making this program much better!

Edited by Glenn9999