Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Integrating drivers into nLite: PnP and text mode

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

vipejc

vipejc

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
I used nLite to add a SATA RAID driver for my VIA chipset and create an ISO, but I'm not sure if I did it right. The mode is PnP, but shouldn't this be text mode? I then clicked the help icon, and nLite stated that if you were expecting a text-mode driver and it's not here, make sure you place the driver's "txtsetup.oem" in the same folder as its .INF. So I moved "txtsetup.oem" from the drvdisk folder to the subfolder XP where the .cat, .INF, and .sys files are. Did I do it right?
There's no such thing as a dumb computer question. Each of us interprets info differently. - Me

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
Moving txtsetup.oem in the same folder as the others is a correct move, but you are right about choosing TXT mode for SATA/RAID/AHCI drivers; so, if you integrated a RAID driver as PnP, I'm afraid you'll have to redo the procedure.

Cheers

vipejc

vipejc

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Moving txtsetup.oem in the same folder as the others is a correct move, but you are right about choosing TXT mode for SATA/RAID/AHCI drivers; so, if you integrated a RAID driver as PnP, I'm afraid you'll have to redo the procedure.

Cheers

How do I give nLite the text-mode driver so it shows Mode TXT, not PNP? It asked for the .INF, so I pointed it to VIAMRAID.INF. What am I doing wrong?

Here's the folder structure of the driver package. I tried both VIAMRAID.INFs, but nLite shows both as Mode PNP.
VIA_VRAID_Windows_V6.00a
VRAIDDrv
XP
x86
x86/viamraid.cat
x86/VIAMRAID.INF
x86/viamraid.sys

drvdisk
x86
XP
XP/viamraid.cat
XP/VIAMRAID.INF
XP/viamraid.sys
There's no such thing as a dumb computer question. Each of us interprets info differently. - Me

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
Look at this page, picture #11 http://win-x.co.cc/nliteimages.html Anyway, did you include txtsetup.oem in the same folder?

vipejc

vipejc

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Look at this page, picture #11 http://win-x.co.cc/nliteimages.html Anyway, did you include txtsetup.oem in the same folder?

As I said, yes, I moved "txtsetup.oem" inside the XP folder. I did it a second time, and this time it worked. nLite shows Mode TXT. Am I ready to burn the ISO? Or, should I move "txtsetup.oem" inside the other folder with the other VIAMRAID.INF?

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
A simple comparison of VIAMRAID.INF in both folders should tell you if they are the same. If they are, then nLite only needs one.
Report back for further steps if they are not the same. Then we will find which one is suitable for you.

Cheers

vipejc

vipejc

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

A simple comparison of VIAMRAID.INF in both folders should tell you if they are the same. If they are, then nLite only needs one.
Report back for further steps if they are not the same. Then we will find which one is suitable for you.

Cheers

Both copies of VIAMRAID.INF are 3 KB. If "txtsetup.oem" is in either the x86 or XP folder, nLite offers the text-mode option. I'm guessing the XP folder is correct because that's a subfolder of the drvdisk folder, which is the folder where all the files are stored that XP would read from the floppy disk after you press F6 to install a driver during setup. The VIAMRAID.INF in the x86 folder seems like it's the PnP version that the VIA setup program would install while Windows is online. Does it sound like I did it right?

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
When I said "compare", I meant open them with Notepad and see if the file version and/or the date are the same :rolleyes:

Cheers

vipejc

vipejc

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

When I said "compare", I meant open them with Notepad and see if the file version and/or the date are the same :rolleyes:

Cheers

Both VIAMRAID.INFs are identical. Does this mean I can use either one regardless of if it's in the x86 or XP folder?

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts

Donator

Can you post a download link to the drivers? I want to look at txtsetup.oem.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

cdob

cdob

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

link to the drivers

http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/VIA_VRAID_Windows_V6.00a.zip

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts

Donator

Strange driver package.

I would move txtsetup.oem to VIA_VRAID_Windows_V6.00a\VRAIDDrv\drvdisk\x86\XP and point nLite to the inf in that folder.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Strange driver package.
I would move txtsetup.oem to VIA_VRAID_Windows_V6.00a\VRAIDDrv\drvdisk\x86\XP and point nLite to the inf in that folder.

Or just take the driverpack I have prepared for XP users with a VIA RAID system.
Here is the download link: http://www.mediafire...c5lbl0itrghsltt

Regards
Fernando
My current system:
ASUS P8Z68-V | Intel Core i5 2500K | 2x4 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 2x128GB Crucial M4 SSD as RAID0 in SATA3 mode | Seasonic M12II-520 Modular 520W | ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB GDDR5
My old system:
DFI nF4 Ultra-D (BIOS: 2006/04/06) | AMD Athlon64 4000+ San Diego | 2x512 MB OCZ PC3200 CL2 Rev.2 Platinum | 2x200 GB Samsung S-ATA II as Raid0 | beQuiet!Titan BQT P5-470W-S1.3 | MSI GeForce NX6600GT-TD128E

vipejc

vipejc

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Strange driver package.

That's what I did. nLite integrated VIAMRAID.INF as text mode, and VIAMRAID.SY_ is in the I386 folder. I'd say it's time to burn the ISO, wouldn't you?

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts

Donator

Yep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN