• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
bapt

[SOLVED] problem with Vlite 1.2 and Win7 SP1 (MSDN)

189 posts in this topic

I can't use dead0 dism batch file after I tried bapt's method (post #105) with WAIK 1.1. I get error 0xc150003a (DISM may be corrupt) in every package.

Edited by _sergio_

Has anyone of you been able to vlite an up-to-date Windows 7 Image?

I install Windows in a VM, download & install all updates available and sysprep it into an up-to-date install.wim (which is 3,8GB in size then). Then I apply & capture the image as described in post #105, but vlite just crashes due to an unhandled exception at 50% of the "Preparing" process. <_<

I works fine with my stock Windows 7 SP1 image though. :wacko:

Edited by neo2k

@ neo2k,

you stated "it works fine with my stock windows 7 sp1 image though." could you post your process or steps so i can try and duplicate, i'm using win se7en x64 pro ¿

thanks for any help,

michael clyde

Edited by mchldpy

@ neo2k,

you stated "it works fine with my stock windows 7 sp1 image though." could you post your process or steps so i can try and duplicate, i'm using win se7en x64 pro ¿

thanks for any help,

michael clyde

What process do you mean? I described it in my previous post, didn't I?

from the beginning: (is that right ?)

1. install WAIK 1.1 for vista SP1

2. use GimageX as done on post #105

3. use myselfidem's instructions as on post #166

but what components are not removable in vlite ? and how much can be deleted from the 7 installation ? I missed the part that deals with the actual deletion

Edited by monohouse

I can't use dead0 dism batch file after I tried bapt's method (post #105) with WAIK 1.1. I get error 0xc150003a (DISM may be corrupt) in every package.

1. Did you use the wim tweak before using DISM?

2. Did you run DISM in a command prompt with Admin rights?

Hi all. I have a big problem. Sure that my Win7-lite will be work i tried to install it and now the 3 error that i have are:

img20120729.jpg

I'm now without my PC... :no:

I only installed VLite 1.1, then 1.2 and i followed a simple guide on a italian blog. Removed Speech support and little else.

When VLite created iso file, i had one problem with "microsoft windows 7 usb/dvd tool" because the iso was no more bootable.

So i solved with a tool created by an italian guy.

http://www.megalab.it/2953/rendere-nuovamente-bootabile-il-dvd-di-windows-vista-o-windows-7

The installer of Windows 7 start normally, the installation works and is silent and automated, but when all is done, and system restarts the problem of three screenshots above come to me like a rocket in my a**...

Why you don't talk about the problem with bootable iso? I'm doing something wrong?

I'm using X17-59215.iso

Please help :(

P.S. I've read post #105 and all topic

Edited by mArCo1928

Hello,

Does someone could explain in detail how to finally use vLite with Windows 7 SP1?

Catsy

Search with my pseudo ;)

Hello,

I read the whole topic, I saw your proposal, but there were so many test that have been done before and since. It is hard to know the exact procedure to follow.

For example, should the WAIK for Vista or Seven?

Which version of vlite?

Where to put files Gimagex?

Order in which these various software install and use?

I would have a full procedure for use vlite with Seven SP1.

Catsy

See here

I agree with Catsy and thing it would be better if someone gave the proper instuctions about usage of vlite with Win7, the similar as you can see in the attached instructions from Liquid:

Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit)

Your link is good but it looks like it was tored from another article. I see the steps but it does not fullfill everything. And it still unclear for me. I would like to get more concrete instuctions (step by step tutorial).

I can't use vlite 1.2 on my Windows 7 x86, error Not respointting when Click Apply button (run ok)

Somebody can help me?

use rt7lite or wintoolkit

vlite is bad for win7, even tho it half supports RTM

Edited by vinifera