u can not have both waiks installed. i recommend to install both not together though, to copy the imagex folder to another folder and then uninstall as the full waik installations are not required as in post #93 http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__957759
i just did another test & no errors after vlite
u could try this way:
1) ensure waik 2.0 is installed
2) in cmd prompt, go to Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64 and execute wimmountinstall /install
3) copy wimmount.sys from above folder to Program Files (x86)\vLite\wimfltr\x64
4) rename wimfltr.sys (this is the vista version) to something else such as wimfltr2.sys as you will need it later
5) rename the copied wimmount.sys to wimfltr.sys
6) right click wimfltr.inf Program Files (x86)\vLite\wimfltr\x64 folder to install
7) using gimagex or imagex, mount install.wim and then dismount wim with commit changes. this should take a while around 20 minutes depending on pc. u should only need to do this once to a wim unless u start from afresh
8) go back to the vlite wimfltr folder and rename wimfltr2.sys to wimfltr.sys (also rename wimfltr.sys back to wimmount.sys)
9) right click wimfltr.inf and install again. this will copy the vista version back to system32\drivers
10) use vlite
u may need to switch between the 2 filters when using imagex and vlite
For Step 7, GImageX is used with Seven ImageX. For Step 10, vLite is used with Vista wimfltr. Okay, I get that.
For Step 8, do I have to install WAIK 1.1 (Vista) or just have to rename wimfltr2.sys? Other than that, if I want to install WAIK 1.1 (Vista), do I have to uninstall WAIK 2 (Windows 7) first? In other words, can I keep both WAIKs installed without one affecting another?
Edited by dead0, 02 March 2011 - 11:57 AM.