Here is the short story..
After running Vlite on these new SP1 MSDN iso files we get corrupted files, with using the win 7 dll's its possible to run Vlite and it will work, then again more issues than good with this, ( trial and error here )..
SO I looked at a RTLited iso I had after Vlite had failed I thought well wont hurt to run it through Vlite,.. yea JUST to see what happens...
Well to my amazement, it didnt get corrupted!!
Ok, so I was like this is good, I then started looking into what why who, all those things.
The only thing I could find that had any kind of offset was date/time of the folders/files inside the install.wim .....
Here I thought, ok what if I took my untouched iso files and mounted the version I needed ( Ultimate ) and changed the date/time on the windows and winsxs folders.. So I did.
It was a kinda long process to wait for the takeown to run on 5.52GB of winsxs folders/files but it was worth it, I then changed the date/time back to, yep ya guessed it, July 13 2009 for the WIndows and winsxs folder.
unmounted commiting changes, ran it thru Vlite and test install went flawlessly using the default Vlite files for Vista..
So what does this mean, I have no darn clue, but changing the date/time on the windows and winsxs folder was all I needed, I tested this on the other version in my x64 to see if it was just a fluke and I spent all last night testing and it werks for all versions for x64
x86 not so sure about, but surly there is some sort of werk around if x86 is effected too.
Simply put - mount the version you need and takeown of the entire winsxs folder and after that has ran and you know own that folder just use a app to change the date/time of the windows and winsxs folder to the July 13 2009 for Last Accessed, Date Created, and Date Modified the time can be whatever ya prefer.
Also you may want to make a copy of the folder of the source files after the unmount/commit so this way you have a fresh files to work with after testing it in Vlite ( new fresh clean files unmodded )
So if you have used my silly and crazy method above just un do it by making sure you uninstall the modded wimfltr.inf with the InstWimFltr.exe from JFK removing the Vlite you are currently using ( to get rid of all those files etc.. ) making sure to reboot after the uninstall of these modded files. then install the 1.2 version of Vlite.
then do the simple - mount - takeown - change date/time on windows folder and winsxs ( time here about 15 minutes ~ ) - unmount/commit - run the results thru Vlite ( original ) - test in virtual box etc..
Hope this werks better than the crazy modded Vlite files like it has for me ( no issues at all with Vlite Now YaY )
If anyone tries it, lets hear about it
This post has been edited by monkie53: 24 February 2011 - 01:53 AM