in the meantime, here is the final set for pre-SP1: http://www.4shared.c...in7r2final.html
you can view this topic for the workaround while i work on a guide: http://www.msfn.org/...-win7-sp1-msdn/
Step 1: Preparing your Image
This section is very important. If you do this wrong, you will have a corrupt image. You will need both Vista SP1 Waik 1.1 and Waik 2.0. Use of GImageX is highly recommended!
1) first make sure the vlite wimfilter is not installed. if it is installed, you can delete the reg key "wimfltr" from HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services then install waik 2.0
2) copy or extract GImageX gui to your amd64/x86 folder in Windows AIK (in program files) where imagex.exe resides. you can also create a shortcut for it on your desktop to make things easier.
3) extract your windows iso to a new folder in C (or root) drive. call the new folder "s1" also create another folder in the root called "s2" - this will be your mount folder
4) start up gimagex, and under the mount tab select your mount point (s2) and your source image from c:\s1\sources. choose ultimate (or enterprise if server). make sure the checkbox for Read and Write, and Commit Changes is ticked. mount the image. this could take a few seconds or a few minutes as waik 2 imagex is slow.
5) after the mounting is done, select your mounted image from the unmount box in gimagex and then click Unmount. this should take a good few minutes at least but you're looking around 20 minutes or so.
6) once done, create a backup of your install.wim as you may need it later if you encounter any problems with vlite or batch removal.
7) if you have other images or planning to create an aio - x86, x64 and r2 then i suggest you repeat the process as above for the other isos, remembering to create a backup when done as the next step will be to uninstall waik2
8) uninstall waik2, restart your computer and install waik 1.1 for vista sp1. copy or extract gimagex gui to your imagex folder. your image should now be prepared for the dism/vlite/batch removal process as in my previous guide in the other thread.
Alternate method which looks more easier than above: http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__957787
batch files and maybe another guide to follow...
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 dism/vlite/batch file:
7x86sp1.zip 107.25KB 844 downloads
7x64sp1.zip 161.65KB 881 downloads
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise:
r2esp1.zip 177.83KB 280 downloads
optional: i also included a vbs script to run post install which will remove an error from the event viewer
Edited by dead0, 17 March 2011 - 05:54 PM.