Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 Ultimate/Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 Batch Removal

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

myselfidem

myselfidem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
I think I need to make some tests later because I've made some changes on my computer (I given a new computer name and now I can't "takowner ship" and delete files)!
I must reinstall my OS!!!!!
I think the method works if we follow the description on the first page of the topic!

* Of course, for localized Windows 7 version, it's needed to adapt some lines inside the batch files!

Edited by myselfidem, 26 June 2011 - 11:35 AM.

For Windows 7 OS: SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR/en-US. Integrate keys).

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

Tested both methods, and I get access denied, even in admin mode. Running the batch under the special waik2.0 command line fails too. Tested with 7-zip. It installs, but it fails at "installing drivers" after the first boot.

edit: It seems running the batch file with waik1.1 makes it work, but the reduced file size isn't as much!? Extracting the wim with 7-zip and running the batch resulted in 1gb, but with waik1.1, I get 1.4gb.

I tested succesfully the method but it was needed to make many changes inside the batch file for my localized Windows 7 SP1 French version x86! :thumbup

On my computer x86 with Windows 7 SP1

1) I installed WAIK 3.0 for Windows 7

2) I used Gimagex.exe to Mount /Unmount the image I want customize (Windows 7 Ultimate)

Set GimageX.exe inside: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\gimagex.exe (example for Windows x86)

3) I installed vLite 1.1.6 Final and after vLite 1.2

4) I used the Last Session.ini given by dead0

5) Launching vLite 1.2 and customizing with the Last Session.ini (just changing the OS x86 Ultimate inside the Last Session.ini). Rebuild only one image (Ultimate SP1) = NO ERRORS

6) Uninstall WAIK 3.0 for Windows 7

7) Remove inside the registry: the reg key "wimfltr" from HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services

8) Restart the computer

9) Install Windows AIK 1.1 for Windows Vista

10) Launch GimageX.exe to Mount the image install.wim inside the folder C:\s2

11) Set and launch the batch file inside the folder C:\s2 (It's not needed to takeowner ship)
Do not close GimageX!

12) After the batch file has been finished:
a - Export the batch file 7x86sp1.bat inside another folder
b - Unmount /Commit with GimageX.exe

NO ERRORS

*The hard work is to adapt the bath file for localized version to remove the files (mine is: fr-fr)

I hope that will, help you!

Edited by myselfidem, 27 June 2011 - 01:04 PM.

boogerlad

boogerlad

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 18-October 09
Thanks so much! It works for me too ^^
btw, what was your finished iso size?

Edited by boogerlad, 27 June 2011 - 04:17 PM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

Thanks so much! It works for me too ^^
btw, what was your finished iso size?

Before to create the iso file, you can shrink a little the install.wim image with GimageX.exe.

Using: Tab Export | Select the image | Compression: Maximum | Name: Windows 7 ULTIMATE (my example) | select the boxe : Check
And Apply with the Export buton

Save the new image install.wim with the same name inside C:\s2 (For example)

Replace the install.wim image inside your source folder (sources) with the new one made inside: C:\s2

*Edit: After testing the iso, I have an error: Driver CD\DVD missing and the installation fails :wacko:

Maybe I must use the dism7x86.bat before!!!

I must check where I've made an error !!

Edited by myselfidem, 28 June 2011 - 03:10 AM.

boogerlad

boogerlad

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 18-October 09
I got my x86 and x64 isos working, with the x86 iso at 620mb and the x64 iso at 1gb. I used gimagex to recompress the install.wim and the boot.wim. The driver cd/dvd missing is because you have the wrong setup.exe. You need the 260kb one in your sources folder.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
Thanks! ^^
But, unfortunatly the batch files work only for English version!
I see that many keys aren't the same for localized version, inside: C:\s2\Windows\winsxs
For many keys the last value aren't the same!

Examples (Windows 7 SP1):

EN-US =>
Windows\winsxs\msil_eventviewer.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_en-us_cc33cb5c1412dfce

FR-FR => Windows\winsxs\msil_eventviewer.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_fr-fr_6eb69e3f070be7d5

EN-US => Windows\winsxs\msil_microsoft.grouppoli..reporting.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_en-us_eb21d606d8cd36b7

FR-FR => Windows\winsxs\msil_microsoft.grouppoli..reporting.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_fr-fr_8da4a8e9cbc63ebe

And when I use vLite the file Setup.exe inside "sources" is removed!????
And it's a hard work to change and check all the keys to give a successfull batch working!! :(
(Now error with Winload.exe [could not find the certificat] at the second installation pass for install.wim!!)

I've tested to give you some help and I do not remove components for my own Windows 7.
Anyway, I'm happy you have now a file working! :rolleyes:

Cheers

*Edit: Setup.exe is removed because it is selected inside the Last Session.ini given by dead0. I'm guessing that the two setup.exe are removed! Weird.

#system#
Manual Install (Setup.exe)

I must delete the setup.exe file inside my Distribution Folder location manually and the setup.exe inside "sources" is keeped when I remove: Manual Install (Setup.exe).

*Edit 2: WARNING
http://www.msfn.org/...780#entry894780 (post #14)

Useful link:
http://www.out-web.net/?p=623

*For localized version Windows 7 - but some keys need also to be amended, and we can use this topic. But remember: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

http://www.msfn.org/...64-bit-updated/

Edited by myselfidem, 16 July 2011 - 10:24 AM.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 14-June 04
Hi all, been out of the scene a while, trying to understand win7 imaging & package removal.

I have a list of packages I want to remove for a language in windows 7 ultimate x86, These are simular to the list of packages in Dead0 second script. The list is all spanish language updates. When I input it into DISM I get errors after about the second package. I think this has to do with the packages/registery being locked or wrong ver of Wimflr vs Wimount WAIK for vista vs WAIK for WIn7 (correct me if I'm wrong here). Whatever this install_win_tweak.exe does I think I need it or whatever tool is evolutionaryly better. I tried it and nullify which did not work same DISM errors. So either I'm doing something wrong or there is an evolutionary better way I have yet to find.

The error I get in DISM is the specified image is no longer serviceable 800f0830

I am trying to remove the following packages:
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Refresh-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-PhotoPremiumPackage~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514

Why do I get this error and what tool will help. Believe me I have searched high and low for an answer on this and I keep finding new tools but nothing that actually works or comes close to working as good as the old Dism command line tool can do. Ive tried them all and removing this language either fails or never starts. I believe this has to do with the servicable error that I see when I do this manually that I dont see when using jim jim dism tool or RT seven lite etc.

I hope someone can shed some light or point me in the right direction. Been looking at this same problem for over a week now. I hate posting as usually can find stuff but no such luck with this.

Edited by Madhits45, 03 July 2011 - 03:57 AM.

boogerlad

boogerlad

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 18-October 09
What changes to the bat file would I need to make to keep .net and printer driver support? I see .net assemblies 2.0, but nothing about 3.5.1, but after I run the script, I lose support for .net3.5.1. Also, the driver names aren't too descriptive, so I don't know which ones are printer drivers.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
@Madhits45

When I use dism7x86.bat I have always access denied!
But if I use removal.bat inside 7elite32.rar I can get permission and remove Packages using install_wim_tweak.exe

Spoiler

AIK 1.1 for Vista installed!

1) First mount your image...You need a clean complete copy source, because your image is no more serviceable!

Of course it's needed to make some changes inside the batch file.

Here is an example for Windows 7 Ultimate (I've made some changes inside the batch file. 5 images are insIde the install.wim image with this example) but adapt to your needs for the Packages you want remove:

You can write the Package you want remove inside: %rempacks%

*Be carefull with the path inside the batch file!

removal.bat
Spoiler

Here is the result for mine fr-FR version:

Spoiler

I hope that can help you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Edit: More tests needed...Thanks for your understanding!

Post updated:

removal.bat and cleanup.bat working!

Even if all is OK, I can't install silently my Windows 7 SP1 MSDN customized (trouble with digital signature for Winload.exe)! :wacko:

*Edit: SOLVED [Using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 integrated (sysprep method)]: http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__970230 :thumbup

*Edit2: SOLVED also Using Windows 7 SP1 MSDN: http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__970823

Edited by myselfidem, 15 July 2011 - 08:34 AM.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 14-June 04

@Madhits45

When I use dism7x86.bat I have always access denied! :(
But if I use removal.bat inside 7elite32.rar I can get permission and remove what I want WITH install_wim_tweak.exe

Spoiler

AIK 1.1 for Vista installed!

1) First mount your image...You need a clean complete copy source, because your image is no more serviciable!

Of course it's needed to make some changes inside the batch file.

Here is an example for Windows 7 Ultimate es-ES (I've made some changes inside the batch file to give you some help. 5 images are insIde the install.wim image with this example) but adapt to your needs for the Packages you want remove:

You can write the Package you want remove inside: %rempacks%

*Be carefull with the path inside the batch file!

removal.bat
Spoiler

Here is the result for mine fr-FR version:

Spoiler

I know it's not really easy...But works for me like this!

I hope that can help you!

*ONLY using the removal.bat (7elite32.rar) and batch7x86sp1.bat (but I need to change many keys manually! :( )...... I can remove successfully what I want IF I use the two differents batch !

I love MSFN.. Thanks for your help. Ok i've come a ways since i posted this. Now I am just having trouble with a few packages that I want to remove. These are the 8 listed in my last post. The rest actually removed however there the minor updates to the big foundation language pack. I thought my no longer serviceable 800f0830 error had to do with the fact that I did not have windows 7 WAIK 3.0 installed (which I read I did not need since it includes a bunch of extras that are useless if u are just editing wims). I was wrong as those 8 packages still dont remove even with WAIK 3.0 installed. So now I am thinking I need to have the WAIK 2.0 for vista to remove them but that makes no sense to me because these are Win7 SP1 packages (potentially). It is a win7 SP1 x86 image I am trying to remove the spanish language from. Now you have given me a script which works off the same concept as 7elite32 removals bats.. Cool.. Ok now I just need to understand something to get that to work.

I need:
1 Windows vista WAIK 2.0 correct
2. install_wim_tweak.exe <-- I cant find a good link to this file and also need to understand how it works. I thought it was outdated and there was something better now. This is not correct?

Once I have those all I need to do is
uninstall WAIK 3.0
Install Waik 2.0
start with clean install.wim (I Knew that as DISM always corrupts it if it cant remove something)
use install_wim_tweak on the mounted wim correct? Not sure how to do that.
Run the remove bat
unmount and commit with gimagex

All done.

Hope you can clairify this for me.. I'm so close I think..

THANKS

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
Do not use my example above, because after more tests, I see that doesn't work using:

REM Code Base
set code=x86~es-ES

And the idea isn't good, sorry! I've updated my last post!
I've made many tests but the last result at this time is that I cant' install silently the final image (Windows could not find digital signature for Winload.exe - and installation fails on second reboot)
even if removal.bat and cleanup.bat work fine and all is OK! :wacko:

I will make other tests, read more and I tell you later the result. I hope I will find a solution!

Could you tell me the Windows 7 SP1 version you have: es-ES?

But it is out of this topic, and will answer to the right topic:

Thanks

Edited by myselfidem, 15 July 2011 - 01:19 AM.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 14-June 04

Do not use my example above, because after more tests, I see that doesn't work using:

REM Code Base
set code=x86~es-ES

And the idea isn't good, sorry! I've updated my last post!
I've made many tests but the last result at this time is that I cant' install silently the final image (can't find the certificate Winload.exe) even if removal.bat and cleanup.bat work fine and all is OK! :wacko:
I will make other tests, read more and I tell you later the result. I hope I will find a solution!

Could you tell me the Windows 7 SP1 version you have: es-ES?

But it is out of this topic, and will answer to the right topic:

Thanks

Yes my version is win7 ultimate x86 sp1 ES.. I want to remove spanish and put back English. IT was orginally an english version and it was removed and replaced with spanish. So I am just reversing it. Never imagined it would be this hard to do that. I have the general idea here but I cant install vista WAIK as it is not allowed in Win7 (what Im running now win7 ultimate none SP1). Is there a way around that? Once I get that done I will try to remove these packages. These are not packages from the remove bat that your referencing. They are simply language packages, so should be easy to remove.

Edited by Madhits45, 04 July 2011 - 05:53 AM.

aelibey

aelibey

• 42 posts
  • Joined 04-October 08
Hi,
I am uploading my new Batch Removal here.
http://www.multiupload.com/KUETO1LY0H
This is for Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 only.
I have used this Batch Removal with a image that consist of two Language Packs: 1-en-US(main) and 2-nl-NL(installed with dism, used WAIK 3.0)
So this means that you can apply Batch Removal to your second Language too. :thumbup
But first in removex64.bat you must change the following lines:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cd \s2\windows\syswow64\nl-NL ________________to______ cd \s2\windows\syswow64\XX-XX
cd \s2\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nl-NL\ ______to______ cd \s2\Windows\System32\DriverStore\XX-XX\

*XX-XX= your language code

Thats all you have to do to apply Batch Removal with second language pack installed!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For All: put the "sources" folder in root (next to boot, efi, Autounattend etc...)
During Install, Windows will autodetect and execute the batch files inside the \sources\$OEM$\$$\ directory.
With these batch files, more files will be removed before Windows User is created.
Also (custom)Registry tweaks will be added.
You can change, remove, add more Registry tweaks if you want to.

I am not removing NET.Framwork 3.5 with Dism. But with ''removex64_Assemblys.bat'' a lot of assembly files will be removed. Nevertheless almost all Net.Framework relying software are still working without problems. If you experience problems with a Net.Framework relying software, then let me know this...

Thanks for Dead0 and Bapt for their efforts making SP1 work with Vlite... :thumbup

Edited by aelibey, 06 July 2011 - 02:28 PM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

Yes my version is win7 ultimate x86 sp1 ES.. I want to remove spanish and put back English. IT was orginally an english version and it was removed and replaced with spanish. So I am just reversing it. Never imagined it would be this hard to do that. I have the general idea here but I cant install vista WAIK as it is not allowed in Win7 (what Im running now win7 ultimate none SP1). Is there a way around that? Once I get that done I will try to remove these packages. These are not packages from the remove bat that your referencing. They are simply language packages, so should be easy to remove.

If you have added Spanish language inside your image install.wim, you can uninstall like this. Example made with my Windows 7 Ultimate x86 fr-FR adding en-US language:

*Adapt the batch files to your needs!

1) First I've added English language pack with Dism (WAIK for Windows 7 installed on my computer)

Add-English.cmd
@echo off
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"C:\7elite32\source\sources\install.wim" /index:5 /MountDir:"C:\7elite32\mount"
echo.
timeout /t 3 >nul
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:C:\7elite32\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MATIZ\windows6.1-kb2483139-x86-en-us.cab
echo.
timeout /t 3 >nul
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\7elite32\mount" /Commit
pause

Result
Spoiler

2) Using the same language English language pack cab file and remove the language en-us:

Remove-English.cmd
@echo off
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"C:\7elite32\source\sources\install.wim" /index:5 /MountDir:"C:\7elite32\mount"
echo.
timeout /t 3 >nul
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:C:\7elite32\mount /LogPath:C:\RemovePackage.log /Remove-Package /PackagePath:C:\MATIZ\windows6.1-kb2483139-x86-en-us.cab
timeout /t 3 >nul
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\7elite32\mount" /Commit
pause

Result
Spoiler

3) A log file is created inside C:\RemovePackage.log

4) Languages Pack for Windows 7 SP1

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-sp1-mui-language-packs-official-direct-download-links/

Convert the exe file to cab file (/windows6.1-kb2483139-x86-es-es_6aef75f7d83edaabc2a921a6b157cc7005628286.exe)

If needed: exe2cab.rar (x86)

More help:
http://technet.micro...311(WS.10).aspx

*Edit: But if you have removed the first English language, maybe you can try the reverse method you have used!?:ph34r:
Or customize a new time your original untouched Widows 7 English!

Edited by myselfidem, 04 July 2011 - 03:01 PM.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 14-June 04

*Edit: But if you have removed the first English language, maybe you can try the reverse method you have used!?:ph34r:
Or customize a new time your original untouched Widows 7 English!

I might have told you wrong. I believe this version of Win 7 Sp1 might be orginal source spanish. I'm not sure. I cant remove the cab as it was never installed that way. However Ive read over at technet that you can remove any langage reguardless if its installed via cab or not. So that is what I am trying to do here.

The problem I beleive is because I cant use vista WAIK. I must use WAIK 3.0 and this might be why I cant remove these packages. I am still trying to search for someone who is working on windows 7 (host pc) and has to use WAIK 3.0 to do all of this or if they found a way to install waik for vista on win7. SO far I have not found anyone with a work around or a trick I can use.

I keep getting the 800736b3 error the specified image is no longer servicable even with install_wim_tweak.exe working on the mounted wim. I even tried takeown and give admin rights to all files. Same result I can not remove these packages without that error.

dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Refresh-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Wired-Network-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514
dism.exe /image:C:\Wim /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-PhotoPremiumPackage~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~es-ES~6.1.7601.17514

There has to be some sort of trick besides starting from scratch with a new wim and besides going to a different host say winxp to do the work from there.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Edited by Madhits45, 04 July 2011 - 09:01 PM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
If you want install AIK for Vista, you must first uninstall WAIK for Windows 7!

But you will have the same errors! I think it's because it's needed for the system!

I've tested with my Windows 7 French language and I've the same errors using AIK for Vista or WAIK for Windows 7, even with the permissions!

You can use Dism, to see all the packages inside your mounted image:

Dism /Image:C:\mount /Get-Packages >C:\Packages.txt

Like this you can read all the Packages inside C:\Packages.txt

I see I can remove only these packages with your example: (and the others give errors)

Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft-Windows-PhotoPremiumPackage~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7601.17514

Edited by myselfidem, 05 July 2011 - 03:42 AM.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 14-June 04

If you want install AIK for Vista, you must first uninstall WAIK for Windows 7!

But you will ahve the same errors! I think it's because it's needed for the system!

How do you install AIK for vista? Its impossible, install is not allowed.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
First Uninstall WAIK for Windows 7 using the CD if you have made a copy.
Launch the CD and choose: start and select: uninstall.

If you have only expanded the iso file, launch the STARTCD.exe (inside the folder where are all the files) to uninstall WAIK for Windows 7

Restart the computer
Install AIK for Vista with the same method (CD or startcd.exe).

It's allowed and works whitout problem.

Edited by myselfidem, 05 July 2011 - 01:11 AM.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 14-June 04

First Uninstall WAIK for Windows 7 using the CD if you have made a copy.
Launch the CD and choose: start and select: uninstall.

If you have only expanded the iso file, launch the STARTCD.exe (inside the folder where are all the files) to uninstall WAIK for Windows 7

Restart the computer
Install AIK for Vista with the same method (CD or startcd.exe).

It's allowed and works whitout problem.

Ok I got it. Turns out I had the wrong download for the vista version. I had vista_6000.16386.061101-2205-LRMAIK_EN.img which is not WAIK or not the right version not sure. Ive got the correct link now almost done downloading. I hope Ill be able to remove these packages but Im not holding my breath.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
You can use vLite 1.2 to remove unwanted languages components!

Image Remove_Languages

About WAIK
http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__958538

WAIK 6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aik_fr.iso (1.1) used:
http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=9085

Use the same language for WAIK as your OS installed!

About your language Windows 7 SP1 version, you can read the file "lang.ini" (Open with Notepad) inside the distribution folder C:\%DVD%\sources\lang.ini

And also inside: idwbinfo.txt (same location)

Edited by myselfidem, 12 July 2011 - 04:42 AM.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 14-June 04
Ok Ive given up on trying to remove the foundation language. I think its an MSU pack and that has to be why they are not allowed to be removed. Ok so i've started from scratch Win7 SP1 x86 and I am back to using this script to remove some stuff from SP1 to shrink it down. Now I have a few question.

First about this command.
Dism /Image:D:\mount /Get-Packages >featurelist.txt

It spits out a list of all the packages in the image. Now is it always 100% accurate? The reason I ask is the image I have does not include a lot of packages that are in the removal script. I am wondering why this is?

Any idea? Are they hidden or actually not there?

I might try to run the script on these packages but If this cmd is correctly giving me the packages in the image then its going to error. If anyone knows Id like to find out.

Is anyone using RT 7 lite that is also using these scripts? If no why not? Why are you guys still using vlite?

Thanks

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
If you have an original Windows 7 SP1 spanish, this method doesn't work (read my post #81 above)!

For Windows 7 SP1 version with another language than EN-US, you can read this topic:

http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__970155

You can try to use only: Dism /Image:C:\Mounted_Folder /Get-Packages (you forget >C:\Packages.txt)

And see the Packages list inside the command window! Or maybe you have used RT Seven Lite and already removed some components!?

Edited by myselfidem, 07 July 2011 - 03:04 PM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
@Madhits45

You can try Windows 7 Thin PC: 1,46 Go (90 days free):
English is the only language supported at installation. This is an English-only release.

http://www.microsoft...cts/thinpc.aspx

Edited by myselfidem, 10 July 2011 - 03:10 PM.

theKramer

theKramer

• PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 20-July 06

Donator

Since I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, should I delete the following line from the dism batch file:
dism.exe /image:d:\s3 /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-HomePremiumEdition-wrapper~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514

Since I am not using Ultimate, should I add a line like:
dism.exe /image:d:\s3 /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-UltimateEdition-wrapper~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514

Thx

Edited by theKramer, 15 July 2011 - 02:47 PM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
Useful informations:
http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-services-wrapper.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users