Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

; © maxXPsoft on 3/6/2011
; 3/10/2011 Inject Drivers added
; 3/13/2011 Fix showing up on non .wim files. Use wimrightclick - Uninstall.reg first to cleanup wrong entries.
; Added opening Dism.log folder. You can delete before running or open with your favorite editor. I use Notepad++

A major fix where I Fix showing up on non .wim files - Use wimrightclick - Uninstall.reg first to cleanup wrong entries :thumbup

First edition didn't do this but somewhere the 2nd did. Now fixed

I have added the packages .msu and .cab in my test but it loops and run's several times so still working on that.

Mediafire .wimrightclick Download link in first post

Edited by maxXPsoft

Yes you can't set compatibility options with the DISM in the Windows folder because it is marked as "coming with the os"... However wouldn't your option still work if you set a pre-requisite that the user installs the WAIK, and then have it run the DISM that comes with the WAIK?

The whole idea behind this is not needing the waik unless they want imagex functions. A lot coming here are on dial-up and I know what that is. 1.6GB Waik uh no thanks. I realize some need it to do more advanced things and that's fine, a majority coming here just want to build an unattended dvd. All I need is the updated .chm files and there is a separate d/l link for those. May 2010 chm files

Everything working fine here with uac off. If your paranoid unplug the Inet cable and disable, reboot, build, restart it.

I'm starting to get many more ideas for this once I make updates work

; 3/16/2011 Added and working Windows Update/Language or other Packages *.cab *.msu.
; Create a folder C:\zPackage or modify this to your package folder

Drop all your .cab and .msu in the package folder and it will inject them all. I know there are some that won't go but no one else can make them go either.

2 cabs and 3 msu. 2nd cab is KB971033

Processing 1 of 5 - Adding package Package_for_KB958488~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.2.7600.16513
[==========================100.0%==========================]
Processing 2 of 5 - Adding package Microsoft-Windows-Security-WindowsActivationTechnologies-Package~31bf3856ad
364e35~amd64~~7.1.7600.16395
Processing 3 of 5 - Adding package C:\zPackage\Windows6.1-KB2393802-x64.msu
Processing 4 of 5 - Adding package C:\zPackage\Windows6.1-KB2425227-x64.msu
Processing 5 of 5 - Adding package C:\zPackage\Windows6.1-KB2475792-x64.msu
The operation completed successfully.

Mediafire .wimrightclick Download link in first post or my Sig

The whole idea behind this is not needing the waik unless they want imagex functions.

It seems the Compatibility tab isn't determined by the binary itself, but where the file is located. If you copypasta the DISM.EXE from c:\windows\system32 to another folder, you will find you can use the Compatibility tab.

; 3/18/2011 Now working with UAC on and raises a uac prompt all except .Wim Info. I can't get Dism to pause.
; Added creating C:\zPackage and C:\zMountDir

Working with UAC turned on. It will pop the UAC box asking to do these things. With that on it opens an extra cmd window.

Dism is self contained exe which don't allow redirecting so with UAC on you can't direct it's output to say like a cmd window.

It resides in System32 folder and the permission's are only read and execute for Admins

How I beat it with UAC on. This does not affect your security in anyway giving permission for this to run, you would still have to allow it

post-9484-0-28229900-1300469708_thumb.pn

What this does is give it Run as Administrator prompt and adds the Admin shield to the exe. Asking to allow with UAC turned on.

.wimrightclick - Install Download in first post

Edited by maxXPsoft

; 3/23/2011 Added Get-Drivers To Desktop, Get-Packages To Desktop, Get-Features To Desktop. Must be Mounted

download in first post. Run the .wimrightclick - Uninstall.reg first.

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 2 weeks later...

When I click Drivers Packages Features to desktop

The drivers file is created correctly but the other 2

the following in them

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Error: 183

The specified image is currently being serviced by another DISM operation.

Wait for the existing DISM operation to complete, and then try the operation again.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I'm using Ultimate 64bit

• 3 months later...