Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

Much better. I am sick to my stomach opening command prompt and typing the same stuff over and over again. This will be tremendous help.

Me three, had to paste and get the line right. Now just right click a .wim

Don't really see what else to add right now until Win 8 when dism will do the imagex functions

• 2 months later...

I am killing myself trying to make the imagex compress+export thing to work with no luck.

If I edit your original file with different path to imagex (I have WAIK installed) it just doesn't work and says can't find path blabla...

Must be a quote problem but I got lost lol

edit:

ok I figured I should use \" but it still doesn't do jack

@="cmd /k \"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\ImageX.exe\" /export \"%1\" * \"%1\".new"

now it says 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

P.S. Why do you use double blackslashes?

Edited by TheWalrus

I am killing myself trying to make the imagex compress+export thing to work with no luck.

@="cmd /k \"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\ImageX.exe\" /export \"%1\" * \"%1\".new"

P.S. Why do you use double blackslashes?

You could just open reg key where you edit path and paste your C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\ImageX.exe and add the other stuff exactly as needed, TEST, then Export to a reg file that 1 key.

Once you get it working right reply with reg code and I'll add to first post

You add double \\ in a reg file and when it imports it becomes 1

and yes in a command line like Runoncex you add \"%ProgramFiles%\Epsilon Squared\InstallWatch Pro\Databases\Default.iwc\" to quote long paths with spaces

Edited by maxXPsoft

Well I tried this as you can see from the code I pasted before and it just doesn't work, which is why I asked what I was doing wrong...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\IMAGEX compress export\command]
@="cmd /k \"%ProgramFiles%\\Windows AIK\\Tools\\amd64\\ImageX.exe\" /export \"%1\" * \"%1\".new"

It just doesn't work.

The output is

The system cannot find the path specified.

P.S. I always have used single backslash and it never caused any problems, so what's the reason to use two?

Edited by TheWalrus

UPDATED for Imagex from Program files with AIK

;4/8/2012 To use Imagex from Program files location use this registry instead.

; [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\IMAGEX compress export\command]

; @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows AIK\\Tools\\amd64\\imagex\" /export \"%1\" * \"%1\".new"

Edited by maxXPsoft

; [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\IMAGEX compress export\command]

; @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows AIK\\Tools\\amd64\\imagex\" /export \"%1\" * \"%1\".new"

question: why does %programfiles% doesn't work here?

question: why does %programfiles% doesn't work here?

Because the key is a REG_SZ which does not normally expand them variables to full path.

• 2 months later...

Many thanks for this nice registry settings!

However, when I use TuneUp Utilities 2012, this key is removed:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim]

And I can't no more use .wimrightclick.

I think it's because there is some Subcommands. Weird!

But if I add this key:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim\command]

All works fine and TuneUp Utilities doesn't remove previous key!

Same trouble explained and solved here using TuneUp Utilities to clean the registry:

http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1002319

Regards

Edited by myselfidem