Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim\command]

All works fine and TuneUp Utilities doesn't remove previous key!

by just adding .Wim\command even if blank it don't remove? Strange

I'll look at this

Yes, just adding the key without value, works fine and TuneUp Utilities doesn't remove the previous key: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim]

*Edit: I mean like this

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim]
"MUIVerb"="Windows Imaging Format (WIM)"
"SubCommands"="[ Mkdir zMountdir ];[ Mkdir zPackage ];.Wim Info;DISM log file;Mount # 1 R/W | if boot.wim is PE;Mount # 2 R/W | if boot.wim is Default;Mount # 3 R/W;Mount # 4 R/W;Mount # 5 R/W;Get-Drivers To Desktop;Get-Packages To Desktop;Get-Features To Desktop;Add-Driver's;Add-Package *.cab *.msu;Unmount + Save zMountDir;Unmount NO SAVE zMountDir;Cleanup + Delete zMountDir;IMAGEX .Wim Info;IMAGEX compress export"
"icon"="isoburn.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim\command]

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

• 2 months later...

Hey Veeger, check this out.

Snip pops a VB window for entering an image index #. Then pushes the $INDEX variable into the DISM command. Probably a few readers out there with more than 5 images in their AIO's.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\DISM_MOUNT]
"MUIVerb"="DISM_MOUNT"
"icon"="cmd.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\DISM_MOUNT\command]
@="cmd /k start /b powershell -command \"clear-host;[void][System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('Microsoft.VisualBasic');$INDEX = [Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction]::InputBox('Enter Image Index #', 'Which image to mount', '1');$PROMPT = [Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction]::MsgBox('Ready to mount image ?', 'OKCancel,Question', 'Last Chance to Cancel');switch ($PROMPT) {'OK'{Dism /mount-wim /wimfile:D:\\sources\\boot.wim /index:$INDEX /mountdir:C:\\zMountDir}'Cancel'{exit}}\""

I was going to write my own DISM shell ext until Urie mentioned yours, so now I'm abandoning the idea. If you want it you can have it, just need to remove the hard-coded boot.wim.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/37225-MDL-SLMGR-Right-Click-Shell-Extension-Tool%99

Snip pops a VB window for entering an image index #. Then pushes the $INDEX variable into the DISM command. Probably a few readers out there with more than 5 images in their AIO's.

Although off topic, Max are you thinking of adapting this for the current Dism in W8 perhaps? As I have used it on a W8 build & doesn't

work correctly as previous! For instance the wim/info fails.

Let me look at both things and see if I can make them work.

Was tough getting Win 7 to elevate the dism without anything else and took me a little while to figure out.

Terrible documentation of all this by Microsoft, here is an example of how to create flyouts. Start with a shell > verb, give it a null "SubCommands" and you can the create sub-folders (again Shell >Verb) with SubCommands in them as such. Took me a while to figure out and the sample I learned from was not very straight-forward about it.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\Shell\DISM_FLYOUT]
"SubCommands"=""
"Position"="top"
"icon"="cmd.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\Shell\DISM_FLYOUT\Shell\DISM_Commands]
"MUIVerb"="DISM_Commands"
"SubCommands"="Mkdir zMountdir zPackage;Unmount + Save zMountDir;Unmount NO SAVE zMountDir;Cleanup + Delete zMountDir"
"icon"="cmd.exe"
"Position"="Top"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\Shell\DISM_FLYOUT\Shell\DISM_Mount]
"MUIVerb"="DISM_Mount"
"SubCommands"="Mount # 1 R/W | if boot.wim is PE;Mount # 2 R/W | if boot.wim is Default;Mount # 3 R/W;Mount # 4 R/W;Mount # 5 R/W"
"Position"="bottom"
"icon"="cmd.exe"

Can you confirm that all we need is the RUNASADMIN 'CompatFlag' and the "HasLUAShield"="" to properly elevate. Haven't tested yet with SLMGR.vbs, but this looks cleaner than including the elevate powertoy like I've been doing.

Edited by MrJinje

Can you confirm that all we need is the RUNASADMIN 'CompatFlag' and the "HasLUAShield"="" to properly elevate. Haven't tested yet with SLMGR.vbs, but this looks cleaner than including the elevate powertoy like I've been doing.

On windows 7 that was all I needed to do to make this work and prompt for the elevate.

Win 8 probably be harder to figure out.

I have the stuff added you suggested. New version uploaded

; 9/17/12 Modify Mounting of Image suggestion by MrJinje is now 'Mount R/W = Enter Image Index #'

That was easy

post-9484-0-81634000-1347984091_thumb.pn

Terrible documentation of all this by Microsoft, here is an example of how to create flyouts. Start with a shell > verb, give it a null "SubCommands" and you can the create sub-folders (again Shell >Verb) with SubCommands in them as such. Took me a while to figure out and the sample I learned from was not very straight-forward about it.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\Shell\DISM_FLYOUT]
"SubCommands"=""
"Position"="top"
"icon"="cmd.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\Shell\DISM_FLYOUT\Shell\DISM_Commands]
"MUIVerb"="DISM_Commands"
"SubCommands"="Mkdir zMountdir zPackage;Unmount + Save zMountDir;Unmount NO SAVE zMountDir;Cleanup + Delete zMountDir"
"icon"="cmd.exe"
"Position"="Top"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\Shell\DISM_FLYOUT\Shell\DISM_Mount]
"MUIVerb"="DISM_Mount"
"SubCommands"="Mount # 1 R/W | if boot.wim is PE;Mount # 2 R/W | if boot.wim is Default;Mount # 3 R/W;Mount # 4 R/W;Mount # 5 R/W"
"Position"="bottom"
"icon"="cmd.exe"

That seems to be the problem every action for W8 images has to be with Admin Priv!!

@maxXPsoft

I think you can change inside:.wimrightclick Readme 1st.htm (line 2):

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

With:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

I've found that when I elevate on Windows 8, I lose access to my shared map drive in Virtual Box. I can confirm this by running "as administrator" explorer.exe from the command line that the mapped drive does not exist under my full admin token (but does when I use Secpol.msc to auto-elevate requests without prompt), anybody else notice that ?

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

Ok I fixed for next

Using Windows 8 Pro here

With Windows 8 Add Right click .wim works as expected with UAC OFF

With UAC ON

Most things work like making the folders and mounting/dismount images. There is a slight delay before it pops the VB window

.wim info is working cause I can see it flash wim info but don't pause

Creates the driver/packages .txt file but they are empty

Won't delete folders although i have Full control

Imagex stuff I'll have to adapt to use dism in Win 8 instead

On windows 7 that was all I needed to do to make this work and prompt for the elevate.

Win 8 probably be harder to figure out.

I have the stuff added you suggested. New version uploaded

; 9/17/12 Modify Mounting of Image suggestion by MrJinje is now 'Mount R/W = Enter Image Index #'

That was easy

post-9484-0-81634000-1347984091_thumb.pn

Van, Mount R/W = Enter Image Index # ids fine if they actually know what the images are we had this long while back and had to post image indexes of x86 and x64.

I know they should use wim.info but not everyone will :(

Edited by urie