Gena is an extremely flexible PE1 project which uses Explorer as shell, supports SATA/IDE drives (thanks to DriverPacks), USB devices, and many other features and tweaks. Gena builds from a Windows™ XP/2003 Install CD.
Features of Gena:
- Gena uses saydin77 Builder Core (the best ever), which is the first opensource, first multi-architecture, first multi-language supporting core. Gena supports all multi-language sources (e.g., Arabic, Chinese, English, Greek, Japanese, Hebrew, Turkish, etc.). Supported combinations of architecture and service packs are: XP-x86-SP3 (Adviced), XP-x86-SP2, 2k3-x86-SP2, 2k3-x86-SP1, XP/2k3-x64-SP2, XP/2k3-x64-SP0.
- By default, Gena boots fine with 96 MB available RAM (128 MB advised). Of course, RAM requirement can be easily lowered with some techniques (but we do not believe today’s users have PC with lower than 96 MB available RAM). Depending on which script selections are made and how many apps are included, Gena builds at around ~60 MB with full mass storage driver support. Using WimBoot Gena builds at around ~30 MB, which makes for easy and quick booting (esp. PXE booting conditions).
- Gena is fully opensource on PE1 building steps, including tweaks, with all credits referenced correctly.
- Profile handling is now significantly improved, with all localised names able to be utilised.
- More up-front and organised “Basic” level scripts which allow for easy setting of important build options.
- Four Backup/Restore scripts have been added to substantially simplify rebuilding the project from a given state and/or stage.
- Boot time has been greatly improved in most cases due to the addition of new scripts which unmount floppy drives at early boot (thanks to Blue Life).
- “Adjunct”-type scripts have been relocated for organisation.
- “Component” scripts have undergone the following improvements:
- Pre-Build Shortcut creation now done perfectly helping to boot faster (without requiring fix-after-boot workarounds that cause delays). (Thanks to Galapo and The Great Au3 team)
- Gena now explicitly supports multi-boot scenarios with provision made by way of “OtherOS” organisation à la PE2/3 (script level 7) in conjunction with BootsectorPE script.
Many, many thanks to ALL who have contributed so far!
We hope you like Gena as much as we do!
Gena Homepage: http://Gena.cwcodes.net/
Gena Home forum: http://TheOven.org
Gena Packages: http://Gena.cwcodes.net/Compressed/
Gena Hot Files Server: Gena.cwcodes.net
Gena Hot Files can be obtained through the winbuilder Download feature using the following address: Gena.cwcodes.net
Alternatively, a (generally up-to-date) archived of Gena can be obtained here.
An index of plugins may be found here.
Galapo & Lancelot.
Ps. Some screen shots from various Themed Language builds of Gena:
Gena English Small Picture:
Full sized Pictures:
Gena English x64 with WOW64
Edited by Lancelot_Real, 06 January 2015 - 05:47 AM.