Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Win7 - Seeking utility to remember last used folder in Save/Open dialo

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

elcoyoteloco

elcoyoteloco
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 12-March 10
I can't be the only person who finds it annoying to have to constantly navigate back to the last-used folder when opening and saving files. Does anyone know of a utility that can fix this?

Dialog Box Assistant for XP did a fantastic job of this. It would also remember last-used files and keep a user-defined list of favorite files and folders, all in two little buttons in the Save and Open dialogs. Too bad the developer moved on to other things. :(

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,844 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

That is app specific for the most part. I have some apps that remember the last used location, and others do not.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

elcoyoteloco

elcoyoteloco
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 12-March 10

That is app specific for the most part. I have some apps that remember the last used location, and others do not.

But it was possible in XP with Dialog Box Assistant. Seems it should be doable in 7, just needs a talented developer.

Edited by elcoyoteloco, 16 March 2011 - 11:26 AM.

andywarrior

andywarrior

• 31 posts
  • Joined 10-March 11
If I understood correctly, you'll need this utility

Edited by Tripredacus, 17 March 2011 - 09:57 AM.
removed direct link to exe

Win 7 Ultimate sp1 x64 - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO (BIOS 2104) - INTEL i5-3570K @ 4,3GHz - NOCTUA NH-U12P SE2 - 16Gb PATRIOT VIPER DDR3 @ 2133MHz - PALIT GTX660 2Gb - ENERMAX MODU87+ 700W - CASE ANTEC P280 - SSD SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128Gb + 5 HDDs x 7,75Tb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users