Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Problem in creating a Windows 7 SP1 dvd by reverse integration

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Hi guys,
I have read many threads and posts here saying that reverse integration is better than slipstream for creating SP1, so I have decided to create a SP1 DVD by reverse integration. Primarily I tried with my already trimmed Ultimate DVD but unable to update, as the sp1 update was not showing. Then I tried to delete vlite registries and tried again but didn't work.

Then I tried with untouched edition of windows 7 Ultimate, and then installed the SP1 it got installed properly but when I try to sysprep everything was going to smoothly till restart in Audit mode and then when I check generalize option and shutdown I got a fatal error. I am not sure what went wrong. I didn't modify even a single file in the OS. And when I tried to reboot my OS it was showing the OOBE animation and then got the message "Unable to complete the installation restart the installation" and then the system is restarting again and again.

Can anyone help what should I do and has anyone faced the same problem?????????

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
vlite? that is so Vista man , I know they trying to keep it alive but it is so past tense

If you want to do that reverse then install the OS with none of the above to a clean Hard drive. Install SP1 and then capture that with a Gimagex cd.
me I unplug Inet cable when doing that so nothing interferes. I might inject Drivers and updates wth my right click .wim
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
What do you mean by Gimagex cd? I usually boot my system in winPE (with Gimagex) and capture my install.wim, but this time I am unable to sysprep my OS, so there is no question of booting my system in winPE. And I am not the only one who is facing this problem, I have read number of posts like mine about SP1. Many are facing restarting problem with SP1.
In the above case I have installed SP1 from offline installer does it something to do my problem.

Ok I wish to know which SP1 is better, the offline installer or Update?

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
oops yeah my cd labeled gimagex which is a pe with it on it.
yes I have read across many forums some have trouble with both WU or sp1 full installer. No one has figured it out
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
If at first you dont succeed try again

I once got a similar sysprep error when generalizing, dont know what caused it...repeated it again and everything went OK

So give her a second go

Edited by ricktendo64, 21 March 2011 - 05:19 PM.

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

If at first you dont succeed try again

I once got a similar sysprep error when generalizing, dont know what caused it...repeated it again and everything went OK

So give her a second go

Thanks ricktendo64, but as I said, my OS doesn't allow me to try once again as it was restarting again and again, so I have to install the OS once again and now I would update and try to sysprep once again. I hope this time everything goes smoothly.

Hey ricktendo64 did you get the same msg "Unable to complete the installation, restart to complete the installation." something like this at the oobe animation? And doesn't allow you to go to the desktop?

ricktendo

ricktendo

• 2,295 posts
No I did not reboot, after I got the sysprep error I reinstalled and redid my customizations

The reason for my error I think was because I used bcdedit /delete to delete the sysprep'd install from the bootmanager before generalizing

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,699 posts

Donator

Has both the Media Player DRM issue and Network Location issue been fixed with SP1? These two issues I have seen cause the error you are getting.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

ricktendo

ricktendo

• 2,295 posts

Has both the Media Player DRM issue and Network Location issue been fixed with SP1? These two issues I have seen cause the error you are getting.

Yes, what he said...dont set your network to home or work set it to public (I dont set it at all, I dont need to connect to the net)

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,250 posts
I've never seen the errors people usually get when doing this, but I also build in a VM with no network adapter at all, so perhaps that could be it. I would concur though, stopping those services before running sysprep is usually a good idea.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Yes, what he said...dont set your network to home or work set it to public (I dont set it at all, I dont need to connect to the net)

I did set it to public only, and I had to connect to network and I tried installing SP1 with offline installer and I got that error, this time I would update my OS online for installing SP1 and then try to capture my image, I hope this time I won't get any error.

I would also try the VHD method.

BTW thanks to all of you guys. I really learnt a lot from this forum.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
Media Player DRM issue was not fixed

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
During sysprep, I've don't use the connection window at all (just close the window if this one appears), installed SP1 "Offiline" and all is fine!
The connection window doesn't appears when I've installed Windows 7 on a second partition!
For Windows 7 OS: SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR/en-US. Integrate keys).

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Media Player DRM issue was not fixed

Though I have successfully captured the wim but I really wish to know how to fix Media Player DRM issue?????

ricktendo

ricktendo

• 2,295 posts
There is only a problem if when you boot into sysprep you set your network connection to Home or Work, the solution is to set it to Public or not at all (more into)

Give this a go see if you have a problem playing it

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Thanks mate for the links, I will see what is there in "\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM" folder and would delete the content and the registries as well related to DRM.

Edited by nice_guy75, 25 March 2011 - 03:37 AM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts

There is only a problem if when you boot into sysprep you set your network connection to Home or Work, the solution is to set it to Public or not at all (more into)

Give this a go see if you have a problem playing it

Thanks, two conditions are availables:

System builders, OEMs and deployment personnel in IT organizations who have created or intend to create Windows 7 images using the Sysprep tool will experience this issue unless either of the following scenarios are used:

- Using audit mode during image creation does not cause this issue.
- Selecting the "public" network location during Windows Welcome does not cause this issue.

Edited by myselfidem, 31 March 2011 - 01:04 AM.

ricktendo

ricktendo

• 2,295 posts
Well....can you play the file?

If you can play it you dont have a problem

Edited by ricktendo64, 31 March 2011 - 07:37 AM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
About DRM rights with Windows Media Player.
Worked one time to download inside the Virtual Machine and after nothing.
Because it's needed a unique SID matching the computer!
But using audit mode the folder => "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM" is empty and it is the condition needed!
And it's not needed to delete the files inside this folder or inside the registry!
I will install my new Windows 7 SP1 integrated on my computer and I think there is no problem to read the file STC1_128_44_16_2_CBR.wma.

Windows Media Player DRM: frequently asked questions

Images

Edited by myselfidem, 31 March 2011 - 11:55 AM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts

Well....can you play the file?

If you can play it you dont have a problem

Hi Rick! :rolleyes:
Installed my Windows 7 x86 SP1 "syspreped" on my computer and all works fine!
After downloading the component needed I can hear the music with the file for testing!
Using Audit mode with sysprep give no problem with DRM Rights!

Image DRM component

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN