Windows 7 SP1 installation failing. Error code 800F0816

eirearmenia

Windows 7 SP1 installation keeps failing. Error code 800F0816. Package KB976932 is downloaded successfully but on reboot, windows doesn't start but only in Safe-mode and after System Restore. I run Windows 7 Professional. I've also run KB947821.

Collected Log Files: My link

I've also done :

How do I reset Windows Update components?

My link

Install the Windows 7 Sp1 with the Installer:

My link

Any idea?

Thanks

A few things - that error does usually indicate corruption of the SoftwareDistribution components, and potentially pending.xml operations that have not cleared. The only other time I've seen it is when antivirus software installed does actively interfere with the installation (I've seen McAfee, Avira, MSE, Forefront, Symantec, and Trend all cause an issue with Vista SP's in the past with the same error code - uninstalling each, installing the SP, and reinstalling the antivirus product worked every time). If you're running antivirus, uninstall and re-test, just to make sure, would be a start. The CBS logs do indicate your CBS store isn't 100% kosher, although CheckSUR didn't find anything that would block the SP install.

I've tried the following:

Renamed SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistrbutionOld

Then installed SP1windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe from :My link

None of these suggested remedies have helped

Before that I've run System File Checker, result: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violationts

newest log files:My link

After tried the following:

1.Stopped wuauserv and crypto services, deleted the “%windir%\softwaredistribution” directory and restarted the services

2.Deleted complitly Norton antivirus

then again installed SP1

Any suggestions on how I can find the cause of this? 

• 4 weeks later...

I concur the need of net4.0 standaalone installation before sp1 install: had excatly the same problem, sp1 did not install to pc, no reason was given...

Installed net4.0 and voila, sp1 installed smoothly

PS: also the genuine check did not work prior to .net4.0 installation, after that no problem

Edited by utooth