2. Download Orca(available in the WinSDK) from Microsoft, install and run.
3. In Orca main GUI, click open button, locate to" d:\nero11" and open "nero.mmsplatinum.msi",
Number of downloads: 29
4. Under "Transform" dropdown menu, select "Apply Transform...", locate to "d:\nero11", open the language-specific transform file(.mst) based on the target system language where you plan to install nero11, let's say en-US, the corresponding .mst file is 1033.mst,
Number of downloads: 13
Number of downloads: 18
5. Click the "Feature" field on the left panel, then on the right panel, click "Display" column tab, then click "Feature Parent". Now focus on the "main" group, disable any of the main features by specifying a number greater than 100 to the "Level" field, which will do the same job as selecting "This feature will not be available" in the "Custom setup" page of GUI installation.
All child features will be disabled if you disable the parent, which means, if to disable all "ContentPacks", you only need to change the level number of main feature "ContentPacks" to 101.
Number of downloads: 202
6. Under the "Transform" menu, choose "Generate Transform...", save the new "1033.mst" file to another place, now you need to delete the original "d:\nero11\1033.mst" (make a backup first in case you need to restore it in the furture), after that copy the new 1033.mst back to "d:\nero11",
Number of downloads: 4
As the prerequisites install logic has been changed since Nero11, either removing/commenting out part of the lines from "[ISSetupPrerequisites]" section or deleting any of the files from within "ISSetupPrerequisites" folder may lead to install failure of latter prerequisites, thus halt the whole install process. You need to commend out all of the lines （excluding the "PreReq0= System Requirement Validator.prq"）and install the required prerequisites using your own script instead. Related silent switches have been provided in the following image.
Number of downloads: 22
Number of downloads: 83
Thanks to Sonic's pointing out.
Click the "ISChainPackage" field on the left panel, then on the right panel, click "Package" column tab to sort by package, shift + left click to select the packages you don't need according to the features you have disabled in step 5, and go to "Tables" menu, choose "Drop Rows".
Finally, (backup and) delete the folders within "d:\nero11\applications" and the prerequisites you don't need within "d:\nero11\applications\ISSetupPrerequisites" accordingly.
Number of downloads: 48
Number of downloads: 42
9. Run d:\nero11\setup.exe with your serial number to perform silent installation, change 1033 to the your own language id.
setup.exe /L1033 /S /v"/qn NERO.INCLUDED_KEY=xxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
This post has been edited by Rico.JohnnY: 23 February 2012 - 12:06 AM