Login to Account Create an Account
nLite cannot integrate Dell R171887 System Software
Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:57 AM
Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:13 AM
I'm having problems finding the driver on the Dell website. Could you be more specific as to what the driver is for or provide an exact link?
Edit: nevermind, I found it. It's an Install Shield installer, which means it's a bit more difficult to extract; but, the good news is that, according to the README file inside, you can install it silently with the -S switch.
Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt, 02 April 2011 - 04:29 AM.
Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:25 AM
Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:42 PM
Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:26 AM
Yes, and that's what the file does. However, add this one to the add-ons section and it will work just as well.
I like to integrate with the rest of drivers into nLite slipstream. Can it be done with nLite?
Now, this is really important: When you copy your XP to a folder, it is called a (fresh) source. Every time you use nLite, you must have a fresh source (copy from the XP CD), or a lot of strange errors occur, like add-ons that fail. To remember what you have done previously, use/import the Last Session.ini file.
Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:13 AM
Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:47 AM
1. I don't understand "a fresh source (copy from the XP CD)". Do you mean for each session (14 sessions on D600) on the same project, I need to make a new fresh source or only for a new project?
2. Shall I delete the all 14 "session.ini" files, before starting the new project?
3. Where do I place the SVCPACK folders, or how to additive it during nLite Add-on?
I will try to complete this project in one session, that's where I got screwed up with session.ini files.
Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:28 AM
Now for your answers:
1. Yes, every time before you start nLite, you have to copy the contents of your Windows CD to your PC for work. That's called "clean source".
2. If you want to. I'd delete the ones with dates and keep the latest, named "Last Session.ini" and "Last Session_u.ini". Import them to nLite and keep everything the same, apart for the drivers and information like users, passwords and product keys.
3. I don't understand this one; which SVCPACK folders?
Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:39 AM
2. I have already download WIRELESS_ADDON.7z earlier and have done nothing, except extract to a folder.
3. How do I add WIRELESS_ADDON.7z and DellDriver_ADDON.7z into nLite? When I extract it to a folder, It create folders E:\SyS\SVCPACK\delldriver.exe.
Thanks you for your patient.
Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:00 PM
Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:15 PM
My slipstream Dell D620 was disastrous. Numerous errors in 9 secessions at one sitting. My previous slipstream D600 turns out to be excellent, except few mistakes. I mistakenly deleted many bookmarks after the session. Especially a line-by-line explains various components. Since I cannot find the URL, I depend on http://win-x.site40....liteimages.html and it failed me. I cannot find the sit where I download Hot Patches "UDC-02.21.11.zip". I still unable to install system software R171887, D620 will not allow me to install after installation. Opera add-on was installed, but without icons on desktop and in program menu, plus hosts of other problems.
I have since replaced the HD, back to my original HD. During update, it added 40 patches, a generic Intel Pro Wireless and two Broadcom Gigabit driver/application.
PS: We are in a different time zone.
Edited by xcobt, 16 April 2011 - 01:16 PM.
Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:48 PM
This is off topic, you might be able to help me to the exact site in MSFN forum, to clone a 500Gb (only "C" partition from 3 partitions) on to a 100Gb or if necessary to another 500Gb HD should I failed to slipstream CD/DVD for D620.
I love my existing D620 video setup. The 14" screen is hard to get "exactly" right. Especially, if incorrectly fonts setting, config Opera and Kaspersky Lab are impossible. You cannot click at the bottom to save it.
Thank you again.
Edited by xcobt, 16 April 2011 - 01:51 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users