nLite cannot integrate Dell R171887 System Software

xcobt

Dell D600 laptop drivers must be install in sequential order. I have unzip "R171887" to a folder and during integrating, this driver cannot be loaded and don't have "inf" file. I had succeed adding all (I hope) but unable to include this driver. Tried several times, still unable to do it. Where did I go wrong and how to include "R17887" into the slipstream? I have far slipstream SP3 and most add-on. Thanks for your help.

Welcome to MSFN.

I'm having problems finding the driver on the Dell website. Could you be more specific as to what the driver is for or provide an exact link?

Edit: nevermind, I found it. It's an Install Shield installer, which means it's a bit more difficult to extract; but, the good news is that, according to the README file inside, you can install it silently with the -S switch.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

OK, I've whipped up an add-on that will install at T-13. Mind you, I cannot test it since I don't have a Dell machine, but it's basically a silent (SFX) installer with the -S switch packed inside an add-on. Please report back.

Size: 8.51MB

MD5: 14f5a3f7984348b44d329684602f720f

Thanks. I am really new to this forum and nLite slipstream. What do you mean by the -s switch? There are 11 Dell's drivers, this is the first driver which I installed manually one by one before using nLite. On my first try nLite, I integrated all except, System software (R171887) and Intel Pro/wireless (R105328). I installed them manually after I startup WinXP. I have download and confuse about "Dell_driver ADDON_.7z installer". I dun need an installer to install the driver. I like to integrate with the rest of drivers into nLite slipstream. Can it be done with nLite? Thank again, I really appreciate.

I like to integrate with the rest of drivers into nLite slipstream. Can it be done with nLite?
Yes, and that's what the file does. However, add this one to the add-ons section and it will work just as well.

Now, this is really important: When you copy your XP to a folder, it is called a (fresh) source. Every time you use nLite, you must have a fresh source (copy from the XP CD), or a lot of strange errors occur, like add-ons that fail. To remember what you have done previously, use/import the Last Session.ini file.

There is an .inf file inside R105328, namely w70n501.inf inside the Drivers folder. However, this installs only the driver, and not the application that controls it. Again, there is an option to silently install the whole package (offered in the readme.txt file), which means this driver can also be made into an add-on. I'm afraid I can't do it at the moment, but it can be done.

I am about to embark, on a new project Dell D620. To prepare the tasks, I have a new 500Gb/Caddy and backup my all data elsewhere. Should I screw up I can always switch back to the present 500Gb HD. I have all the Dell's drivers, Hot patches and utilities I need (I hope). My main concern is Intel Pro/wireless (R236196) and it had "inf" file.

Questions.

1. I don't understand "a fresh source (copy from the XP CD)". Do you mean for each session (14 sessions on D600) on the same project, I need to make a new fresh source or only for a new project?

2. Shall I delete the all 14 "session.ini" files, before starting the new project?

3. Where do I place the SVCPACK folders, or how to additive it during nLite Add-on?

I will try to complete this project in one session, that's where I got screwed up with session.ini files.

I'd already made the Intel driver http://www.mediafire.com/file/ys76x3u7la5s42o/INTEL_WIRELESS_ADDON.7z but I forgot to put the link here.

Now for your answers:

1. Yes, every time before you start nLite, you have to copy the contents of your Windows CD to your PC for work. That's called "clean source".

2. If you want to. I'd delete the ones with dates and keep the latest, named "Last Session.ini" and "Last Session_u.ini". Import them to nLite and keep everything the same, apart for the drivers and information like users, passwords and product keys.

3. I don't understand this one; which SVCPACK folders?

1. Thanks, I understands the sessions better now.

2. I have already download WIRELESS_ADDON.7z earlier and have done nothing, except extract to a folder.

3. How do I add WIRELESS_ADDON.7z and DellDriver_ADDON.7z into nLite? When I extract it to a folder, It create folders E:\SyS\SVCPACK\delldriver.exe.

Thanks you for your patient.

Greeting Sp0iLedBrAt,

My slipstream Dell D620 was disastrous. Numerous errors in 9 secessions at one sitting. My previous slipstream D600 turns out to be excellent, except few mistakes. I mistakenly deleted many bookmarks after the session. Especially a line-by-line explains various components. Since I cannot find the URL, I depend on http://win-x.site40.net/nliteimages.html and it failed me. I cannot find the sit where I download Hot Patches "UDC-02.21.11.zip". I still unable to install system software R171887, D620 will not allow me to install after installation. Opera add-on was installed, but without icons on desktop and in program menu, plus hosts of other problems.

I have since replaced the HD, back to my original HD. During update, it added 40 patches, a generic Intel Pro Wireless and two Broadcom Gigabit driver/application.

Thanks.

PS: We are in a different time zone.

LAST SESSION (205704.15-15.33.07).INI

LAST SESSION (205704.15-15.37.39).INI

LAST SESSION (205704.15-16.05.34).INI

LAST SESSION (205704.15-16.14.42).INI

LAST SESSION (205704.15-16.27.00).INI

LAST SESSION (205704.15-16.59.35).INI

LAST SESSION (205704.15-17.10.16).INI

LAST SESSION (205704.15-17.15.42).INI

LAST SESSION.INI

Edited by xcobt

Sp0iLedBrAt,

This is off topic, you might be able to help me to the exact site in MSFN forum, to clone a 500Gb (only "C" partition from 3 partitions) on to a 100Gb or if necessary to another 500Gb HD should I failed to slipstream CD/DVD for D620.

I love my existing D620 video setup. The 14" screen is hard to get "exactly" right. Especially, if incorrectly fonts setting, config Opera and Kaspersky Lab are impossible. You cannot click at the bottom to save it.

Thank you again.

Edited by xcobt