Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Disable Advertising Popups

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mikep56

mikep56

• PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 17-August 07
Hi All,
In Firefox, when browsing and you mouse over a word with a double line underneath it, an advertisement window pops up that is associated with that word. I find this really annoying...is there any way to disable it?
Thanks in advance.
mikep56

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,822 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
2 ways:

Become a sponsor

Don't visit...

Those ads are what keeps the site running.

mikep56

mikep56

• PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 17-August 07
Hi Kel,
After some googling, I found out that it is called in-text advertising. The way to disable it is to roll over with the mouse so the ad pops up. There will be 2 boxes in it's title bar, an X to close it and a ?. Click on the ? and follow the instructions to disable these annoying little MF'ers.
Mike

PS Kel I hope that you are feeling better!

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08
I also see this a lot while browsing the webs with Maxthon. It doesn't annoy much because when a window pops up, I just move the mouse to another position and the window closes down itself!

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,155 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01

Hi Kel,
After some googling, I found out that it is called in-text advertising. The way to disable it is to roll over with the mouse so the ad pops up. There will be 2 boxes in it's title bar, an X to close it and a ?. Click on the ? and follow the instructions to disable these annoying little MF'ers.
Mike

PS Kel I hope that you are feeling better!

Thank you for supporting MSFN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Become an MSFN Sponsor Now! Keep Up MSFN Running

Read MSFN Forum Rules
Not a member? Donate here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users