• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
vishyc88

Hide the command prompt in winpe?

9 posts in this topic

Hi friends.. Is it possible to hide the command prompt in winpe so that i can hide the commands in the startnet.cmd file which gets executed automatically? Please help

Put your commands in winpeshl.ini instead. Then the command prompt won't be displayed.

there is not a real working solution i have ever seen.

there is not a real working solution i have ever seen.

winpeshl.ini does work. However if your shell program has the ability to launch a command prompt, I do not know how to hide it. I've only written custom shells that have the ability to launch a password protected command prompt.

what you mean "password protected command prompt". yes winpeshl.ini does work but i always need some batch files to get run that i can not hide. winpeshl.ini is not enough for me always.

Hi friends,

Ive googled a lot and i found a program called cmdow.exe which seems to work!

This is what i have done to hide the command prompt:

Firstly, while creating the winPE image you gotta put this program which is hardly 40kb into the system32 directory. And then in the startnet.cmd file, type:

cmdow @ /HID
wpeinit
wpeutil initializenetwork
<cmd>
<cmd>

It seems to work but the command prompt do appear for a second or two. Please let me know if it worked for you guys or if you have additional things you can suggest.

Thanks

As vishyc88 mentioned CMDOW will work to hide the window, I created a AutoIt script that is launched from startnet.cmd and when it launches it hides the CMD window.

You could also use hstart in winpeshl.ini to laucnh hidden the batchs.

what you mean "password protected command prompt".

I had an HTA launch with the winpeshl.ini but needed the ability to access the cmd for troubleshooting reasons. In order to stop end-users from just being able to open the prompt and do whatever they want, it would prompt for a password in order to continue. This was documented here: