Event 10 WMI error with fresh Win 7 SP1 install

kavorka

I've done clean installations of Win 7 with SP1 x32 (MSDN iso) on both virtual and real systems, and all of them report Even 10 WMI errors in event viewer on every boot.

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

After googling it seems that this is a known issue with previous versions of Windows, (Microsoft Support), although all my pre-SP1 Win 7 machines actually do not have this error.

What I would like to know is, has anyone figured out a real fix? It doesn't seem to affect system stability, but it's rather annoying to see error reports flooding the event viewer.

I have 5 Computers which i have integrated sp1 (Ultimate 64 Bit) using WAIK. on these Computers i have not got this error. i recently built another Computer und also bought an original Microsoft Ulimate System Builder DVD with SP1 already integrated, on this Computer i had the error, so using WAIK i integrated sp1 from one of my old DVDs and now the error ist not present.

or run the Script from the KB article. After I did this the messages no longer occur.

Because ResetWMI is more likely to fix the problem as opposed to the script which does not

I have asked the author to see about adding a fix for this error into his tool (if it does not already fix it, I cant test to see because I already ran the stupid script)

Edited by ricktendo64