Driver for a fax modem on windows 7 - 64x bit

NoUserName

Hello

Recently I've just upgraded to Windows 7 - 64x

I have a fax modem that is a bit old and only have the 32x bit driver which is working as fine, but not any more with windows 7 - 64x bit.

I've tried some drivers services like driver agent but also was not helpful.

I've goggled it but really was not helpful at all.

Please help

Thanks

RATS! I happen to have an Apache with the CD-ROM. All I found was (your exact modem) in H215DT5.INF (all the others, including the one in other post are for 9X/ME/NT/2K) for XP - in folder A56SP-RS (Conexant Chipset). It might be possible (using the Setup program) to "force" the install by using the XP-Mode. I've done that with Integrated Sound on my cousin's Vista PC and it worked.

Wanna give it a go? I could upload (if I'm allowed - check with moderator/supervisor first) - 2.75mb (unzipped)...

edit - Is this it? Driver/manual, etc here (XP is the highest supported, tho).

(edit again) _ NOPE - Driver is NOT the same as mine.

Hang loose, storm brewing shutting down PC - will get back w/you...

Edited by submix8c

RATS! I happen to have an Apache with the CD-ROM. All I found was (your exact modem) in H215DT5.INF (all the others, including the one in other post are for 9X/ME/NT/2K) for XP - in folder A56SP-RS (Conexant Chipset). It might be possible (using the Setup program) to "force" the install by using the XP-Mode. I've done that with Integrated Sound on my cousin's Vista PC and it worked.

Wanna give it a go? I could upload (if I'm allowed - check with moderator/supervisor first) - 2.75mb (unzipped)...

Thats why God invented PM's

Edited by ricktendo64

OK, did a check -

This one is the same one I have and this one appears to be newer. However, after downloading the "complete package" from Apache (the previous post link) it appears the second is for Win 98(?) and the 2K/XP folder inside is empty (prev. post indicated the single package was incorrect).

Go to the first link (this post above), hover mouse over "download", fill in the "captcha". A "downloader" will be downloaded - save it in a folder (e.g. "Apache"). Run it (nothing installs), decline installing any krapware, it will download the file to where you point it to. Click the "X" upper-right to klobber the "sign up/participate". Unzip the contents, right-click the "HXFSetup.exe", click "Properties", and make it "XP-Compatibility mode", "Apply", and run it.

HTH (as I said, it worked for my Cuz, but that was a different device). Also, for kicks, "uninstall" the "unknown device" before running the installer (may/may-not help).

Edited by submix8c

I found a driver that might work

http://www.apache-micro.com/driver/DialupModems/A56SP-RS.RAR

XP driver should work on Vista/7 but there is none...try any of the others see if they install

Right click the driver in the device manage and click update driver software...then browse for the extracted folder root with all the sub folders and see which (if any) installs

Edited by ricktendo64