Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

xp large icons version

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

wawdemmon

wawdemmon
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 26-March 11
Where can I find large version (256 x 256) of drives icons and all others icons include in xpize in 126 x 126 resolution ?

Thank :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

W3bbo

W3bbo

xpize / Vize Project Lead

• Developer
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
I'm afraid there aren't any.

The main reason is that Windows XP doesn't support icons larger than 128x128.

The second reason is that 256x256 icons were never made. Most of the high-resolution icons in xpize were donated by the deviantArt user werewolfdev and the raster graphics he supplied were all 128x128 PNG images. You can download them from his dA gallery.

I've no doubt that he has the vector originals he created somewhere on his computer, however he never published them, and we never needed them. You could always ask him, of course (but he isn't online much, there was a time when he didn't log-on to deviantArt at all in 2008 and 2009). Right now it says he last logged in 5 weeks ago.
Posted Image

wawdemmon

wawdemmon
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 26-March 11
It's possible to contact werewolfdev by any other way ?

W3bbo

W3bbo

xpize / Vize Project Lead

• Developer
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06

It's possible to contact werewolfdev by any other way ?

Not that I'm aware of, no; sorry

However the XP art style is not hard to reproduce (it's one of the few advantages to XP's style); if you're after only a handful of icons then it shouldn't be a problem to contact a competent vector artist and get them to do reproductions for you. Maybe find one on Guru.com or something, it shouldn't cost more than $20 or so.
Posted Image

wawdemmon

wawdemmon
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 26-March 11
I'm able to reproduce them with adobe Illustrator ... I already reproduce some icons of this style like volume control, camera, webcam, book, magic wand, phone, cursor, arrow, users, letter, movie, and some others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users