Windows 8 LEAK (6.2.7955.0)

Maxfutur

The "World Police" USA can't do steps if the servers are outside the USA.

but the leak of internal tools inside the last ISOs is a bit critical because those builds are FBL (feature build lab) builds and no WinMain builds.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having a hard time understanding why people are interested in win8. Phone OS on powerful desktop hardware? Maybe the "ease of us" folks would like that...but the power users in this community? I don't get it.

I'm also no longer interested. Sinofskys replys show me that MS doesn't implement a way to disable the phone UI crap on a desktop PC by default. That's why I installed Ubuntu 11.10 and the Unity Dash has the same idea like MS with the startmenu replacement but is 1000 times better and easier to use :thumbup With LinuxLive USB Creator I can today have a live OS on my USB thumb drive and not next year and only limited to the Enterprise Edition...

I'm also no longer interested. Sinofskys replys show me that MS doesn't implement a way to disable the phone UI crap on a desktop PC by default. That's why I installed Ubuntu 11.10 and the Unity Dash has the same idea like MS with the startmenu replacement but is 1000 times better and easier to use :thumbup

So instead of using a (pre-beta, no less) Windows interface designed for touch, you used Linux instead? I know you're a little nutty ;), but that seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face... Also, the builds everyone have access to are simply developer preview (and I'll be honest, the code quality is definitely pre-beta too), so hopefully people will at least give the OS a chance once it gets to the beta phase. Not you specifically, 'cause I know you're tied to Vista and don't like Win7 much, but I speak more generally.

I see your point but Andre is one type of person that still represents those of us who immediately disable all of the >win2k desktop skinning stuff. My preferred method is to use advanced properties and change to high performance mode.

I know you're a little nutty ;), but that seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face...

The exact same words I was thinking. Because of minor annoyances with a pre-beta (which might work differently or which you might be able to tweak how you see fit later on), you're willing to switch to a minority OS that runs basically no useful software, has no games and has poor hardware support, along with the epic fail that is Unity? I'd sooner switch to Windows ME, or even OS X (which at least works and has some useful software). Either ways, most of us already know that if you end up doing so, you'll just be distro hopping for a while and then go back to Windows (Vista or otherwise)

I see your point but Andre is one type of person that still represents those of us who immediately disable all of the >win2k desktop skinning stuff.

no I always keeped all things turned on (Aero Glass, shadows, the only thing I changed in XP was the blue theme to a gray theme because the with the blue theme I got headache), but I like to work with the PC in a productive way and the Metro nonsense makes everything slower on the DESKTOP PC. This is ONLY useful on touch devices and I'm not interested in using a touch based device. So Windows 8 is useless for me. The transition between both worlds take too much time (1s to switch to metro and 1s back to desktop). This sucks and slows down everything. With Ubuntu/Vista/7 I can have an application docked to the right side of the screen and I can work and start other applications. In Win8 this is interrupted each time I try to do anything. Sorry but this is nonsense. And the bla, bla about pre-Beta is no argument. If you look back in history of MS Beta releases you know that M3 builds are mostly done. Those builds include what you see in the Beta (and later in the RTM). But the arrogance of MSFT/Sinofsky (We've seen some small amount of visceral feedback focused on "choice" or "disable"—a natural reaction to change) is ridiculous. Deleting all negative feedback and than writing that only a small number of users don't like it is antisocial. Sinofsky is currently killing Windows. If I'm forced to rewrite all apps and use this metro crap I can also migrate to a different platform (Linux, Mac). I no longer have a benefit from using Windows (currently I use a lot of opensorce software so migrating is not difficult). I hope that Windows 8 will be the largest financial disaster for Microsoft so that they learn to hear what users want and that they stop to force users to like what they think is the best way. There are 2 good adages:

There isn't just one way of doing it / All roads lead to Rome

• 3 weeks later...

I do not undertand too much italian but this build has leaked via torrent:

6.2.7955.0.fbl_srv_wdacxml.110228-1930

http://www.windows8italia.com/2011/04/leak-download-windows-8-ultimate-build.html

Found proof only :ph34r:

qAMIS.png

XWFj0.png

I think up coming days window 8 is best for users..

Me really wait when i got it..

basement remodeling rochester ny

Edited by mickljohn