Cloud computing and future career as IT Professional ?

albertwt

As now people hears a lot about the cloud computing and its benefits to reduce the cost and system management overhead, so I wonder if the IT Core Infrastructure career will still be open or useful in the near future as more and more servers are now deployed in the cloud.

Please share your thoughts and comments regarding the cloud computing era and what could be the future of IT Professional opportunities when everything is offloaded into the 3rd party cloud provider.

Any kind of response and alternative scenarios will be good to share here.

• 2 weeks later...

Google just announced they are offering fully maintained notebook running chromeOS with full office apps and 24x7 business grade support for $28/month. Initially in 7 countries

This includes the hardware, well this could means goodbye for the whole IT departments.

Edited by albertwt

yeah, that's what I still cannot think about how :-o

ok, suppose the whole IT department is 100% outsourced to 3rd world country for the remote helpdesk, using cloud computing is very affordable and cheap solution :-)

I can see it in some situations, but no one is going to want confidential data on those things. Maybe this is viable at the SMB level. Or maybe something for use in the sales force, but not anything that has to follow any sort of regulations like HIPAA.

I can see it in some situations, but no one is going to want confidential data on those things. Maybe this is viable at the SMB level. Or maybe something for use in the sales force, but not anything that has to follow any sort of regulations like HIPAA.

+1 yes I agree with you, for a big company with more than 100+ users or banking and financial services, that is a dark cloud which must be cleared :-)

From what I read, cloud computing is basically people with simular problems loading all of their crap into one server, and then people editing those problems, and adding notes.

Basically imagine, what I and many of us are going threw on this forum. We have problems with our specific computer setups, so we ask questions. Somebody who knows what the problem might be or has a suggestion comes along to slove the problem. In combination we research to find the problem. Not to just test our abilities as Techies, but in case we ever end up in a sticky situation like the problemeer. Afterwards we send the data to a forum, or website, so we can help each other.

However in cloud computing we basciallly combine

P2P downloading

Website / database

threads / forums .............and dorkbook

This is what most os us do on this website with our computers. We have a problem, we fix it, and then we put the solution in a text file. The proccess repeat itself. However when things get crazy we have an entire back up of what we need when we need it.

About help desk from India. The problem is the internet. With the internet we all have gained knowledge we never needed to know, and it has help us, and defeated us at many times. With the so called internet we have limited the need to even go outside. This is the problem, we have with the world.