[rt7lite] Problem after IE9 installation

After installing Internet Explorer 9 under Win7 the search bars in start menu and file explorer disappeared...

screen1ch.jpg

screen2ct.jpg

This problem happened on two different computers. I'm trying to figure out how to get the search bars back, I also googled a lot, but I can't get a clue. In another forum someone suggested to recover the orginal Win7 theme but it didn't solve. There is a solution to this problem, or do I have to rollback to IE8 (if possible)?

Don't know why IE9 setup would mess with it but this is just a thought.... Under Turn Windows features on and off, see if search is ticked. If it is. Remove it and add it back.

Don't know why IE9 setup would mess with it but this is just a thought.... Under Turn Windows features on and off, see if search is ticked. If it is. Remove it and add it back.

Search is ticked, but I get an error message while trying to disable it:

errords.jpg

Maybe I disabled some services that are required to change windows features, but I don't know which ones could be.

You can read the log files made by IE9 inside C:\Windows to see if errors:

Troubleshooting

http://technet.microsoft.com/fr-ch/library/gg699422(en-us).aspx

The log doesn't contain any error message... I also tried to reset all IE setting as suggested in one of the two articles but it didn't work. I attach the log, maybe I missed something (I changed the extension)

IE9_main.log.txt

All of your other posts here are about xLite or Win Integrator. Is this problem you are experiencing on lited OSes?

Yes, every pc in my house has Win7 lited, in different versions and different levels of personalization. But I never removed Windows Search services...

All of your other posts here are about xLite or Win Integrator. Is this problem you are experiencing on lited OSes?

Yes, every pc in my house has Win7 lited, in different versions and different levels of personalization. But I never removed Windows Search services...

This should be mentioned anytime you make a new thread about something not working, as most people will attempt to approach troubleshooting this type of problem like it was a normal install. As as we all know, normal troubleshooting steps rarely can solve a problem for a lited OS. Which tool did you use for the computers with this version? Someone will eventually want you to post your last session.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I should have mentioned it. I used RT Seven Lite, the computer with log files is actually at my gf's place, I'll post them asap.