Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to install drivers ATI graphic and AMD chipset with DSIM?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

neuropass

neuropass

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 09-September 08
I was wondering if anybody knows how to install ATI grpahic and AMD chipset drivers with DSIM.

Do they need to be expanded like nvidia drivers?

I know the cmd's for DSIM I just don't know if it's the same procedure as the nvidia drivers...

Thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,923 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

You can use something like DriverMagician to extract a driver out of an installed system, but this usually isn't enough. It all depends on what the hardware is. For example, notebook ATI integrated may not work properly with the driver alone. I had problems recently with some switchable graphics where it needed the CCC to be installed. To solve this on my end, I give the choice to install the ATI package silently after a reboot, and this way neither ATI nor nVidia graphics drivers are in my images. This was also allows for the ability to install a newer version when that time comes.

Of course, I also have created brand new base images for notebooks with all that pre-installed already, which is another way. By that, I install Windows into Audit mode and then install what is needed before capturing a new image.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

use the drivers from Fernando:

http://www.win-lite....ie-integration/
Posted Image

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
  • Joined 02-March 08
neuropass, in case you do not read German, you might take a look at this thread: http://www.msfn.org/...d-ati-catalyst/http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/149068-unattended-ati-catalyst/
The interesting thing is that the search function in MSFN did not find this thread, but Google showed it as the first answer. Chipset drivers inject normally. Enjoy, John.

neuropass

neuropass

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 09-September 08
Thanks for the replies guys. Fernando posted a package of ATI driver ready to be injected with DSIM. I do not read german but it was easy to understand which one was which...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users