I have analyzed the ClamWin's source code and I have found where is the problem.
The fix works well and is stable.
For to try this you can to scan with ClamWin the ClamWin update exe setup (only the update not the full install) that it's realized with nullsoft.
The file will locked (no possibility of to deleted it, to move it, to rename it) until the system will be rebooted.
Here the files (the changes on the source code and the binary files):
http://www.andrearus...7_8_Win98SE.zip (for ClamWin version 0.97.8 the binary version about 500k)
http://www.andrearus...fiedSources.zip (the sources files changed and a document that explain the fix)
Open the zip file and renamed the file libclamav.dll located into the folder (clamwin\bin), for example with an extension .original and then save the new file into the same folder.
Of course, just as the original ClamWin, these modified files are released under the GPL, as required.
Note: Have been reported problems using the ClamWin incremental update setup, for to install a new ClamWin version it's better instead to use the full install (and to copy before the file ClamWin.conf for to save your personalizations).
Edited by aru, 03 May 2013 - 10:57 AM.