download system32 dll

mozfirde01

What do I do if a Trojan was installed on my computer, and my registry and files were corrupted? A friend told me that I downloaded system32 which is a virus. I was a bit confused because I thought system32.dll is a legitimate file.

In general, downloading standalone files is dangerous and also not legal, since most of them are not redistributable, but parts of a larger package, such as Windows. Virus scanning is also highly recommended.

Edit: the thing is I didn't find system32.dll on my PC or in the XP CD, so I'm wondering if such a thing really exists.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

If a trojan was installed and the registry and all files were corrupted, you have very bad luck and you only have one option: format the hard drive and reinstall.

But this kind of thing (all those symptoms) doesn't happen very often so resolving one of those issues can solve all.

Also there isn't any Microsoft system32.dll included in XP.

Edited by allen2

• 4 weeks later...

Try to get a security software and run a scan on your files and programs. Then, repair the corrupted files detected by the software. Make sure that you update your security software regularly. This way, you will not be able to download system32 dll or any other computer threats.