I'm a user of the Opera web browser, working in Windows 98 SE + KernelEx 4.51. My Opera has the additional button [Open in Internet Explorer] placed on the toolbar, that allows to open the currently visible site in the Internet Explorer (mine is in 6.0 SP1 version). This button is implemented by a notation in the Opera standard_toolbar[...].ini file: "Open in Internet Explorer"="Execute program, "iexplore", "%u", "Open in Internet Explorer"".
Up until the version 11.01 of the Opera, the button functioned properly. Unfortunately, after actualizing the Opera to 11.10 version, the button ceased to function completely - even though in the same version of the Opera, but installed in the Windows XP Professional SP3 executive system, it does still work (however, the button applies to the Internet Explorer 8 there).
I don't have the knowledge vast enough to fix the problem by myself. I noticed, however, that clicking the right mouse button on a website window displayed by the Opera opens a context menu, in which one of the entries is command "Open with - Firefox" (I also have the Firefox 3.6). I was thinking, that perhaps I could try to place the entry "Open with - Internet Explorer" in there too. In order to do that, I used the notation placed in Windows XP Registry in the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet] through the Internet Explorer 8 installer. This notation, after importing it to the Windows 98 SE Registry, I abridged of the sub keys irrelevant to this matter, finally leaving it in this very shape:
@="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe,0"
@="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe"
The import.reg (557bytes)
Number of downloads: 5
file contains such an abridged notation.
After executing all this, in the context menu suddenly appeared the expected "Open with - Internet Explorer", that functions properly in the Opera 11.10 (11.11) operating in the Windows 98 SE + KernelEx 4.51.
I must add, that placing in the:
key the @="IEXPLORE.EXE" value causes the entry "Open with - Internet Explorer" to be placed the highest in the context menu (without this value, the alphabetical order (of browsers' names) is in effect).
The import_plus.reg (634bytes)
Number of downloads: 3
file contains such a notation, with that value as well.
Thanks to using the aforesaid solution, the lack of functioning [Open in Internet Explorer] button is no longer severe to me and I removed it from the toolbar.
Of course, if anybody knows how to fix the problem properly, let him give it away to the other Opera users, including me .
This post has been edited by egrabrych: 20 May 2011 - 10:38 AM