Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Install Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 OEM

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

knigga

knigga
  • 1 posts
Hello there!

I have a 5 years old Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 with a new harddisk and no recovery CD. On the back there is a valid OEM Key to install Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005.

I have found an ISO image of Tablet PC Edition 2005 which doesnt accept my OEM Key.

I read that the OEM key only works with a pre activated Recovery CD.

Is there a way to fabricate a new recovery CD with a valid OEM Key and a normal Tablet 2005 ISO image?
Any other solutions maybe, or is my key worthless?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,193 posts
I don't want to even speculate on where you got this "ISO image" and don't want to know.

I can tell you that the COA key is good but doesn't match the ISO. IOW, it's either Retail (i.e. "full") or for another OEM (not for your PC). You would need a "generic" OEM version or for the Specific OEM to use the key you have. I'm afraid we can't help you on "modifying" it. There's a thread here that will give you a hint on what your "problem" is.

BTW, just to be sure you understand, please go and read the Forum Rules to make sure you don't flub up!

Edited by submix8c, 23 May 2011 - 10:55 AM.

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,700 posts

Donator

You have a couple options... you can find a second hand recovery CD for this model. It is possible that other models may work but you may need to install some drivers. Another option is to buy a new OS... but I do not know if you can get Tablet Edition easily. I know its on MSDN but I my account level doesn't let me download it.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

b1017

b1017
  • 8 posts
OEM keys will only work with OEM Media. As Tripredacus suggested you can try finding a vendor specific OEM install CD or try contacting Fujitsu and see if they can sell you a recovery disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN