Graphics Issues after theme application

Figment

fwiw/mmv (info from my curiosity romp):

Most video cards are as powerful as many complete computer systems were not too long ago because they need to process huge amounts of information from advanced games and graphics programs.

Sometimes the processing power in the video hardware that helps accelerate graphics and improve performance can cause problems inside of Windows XP.

These problems can range from strange mouse issues, to problems inside of games and graphics programs, to error messages that can stop your operating system from running at all.

Follow the easy steps to lower the hardware acceleration supplied by your graphics card hardware.

Most video cards are as powerful as many complete computer systems were not too long ago because they need to process huge amounts of information from advanced games and graphics programs.

Sometimes the processing power in the video hardware that helps accelerate graphics and improve performance can cause problems inside of Windows XP.

These problems can range from strange mouse issues, to problems inside of games and graphics programs, to error messages that can stop your operating system from running at all.

Follow the easy steps to lower the hardware acceleration supplied by your graphics card hardware.

I changed my settings last night, but then went to bed. Gonna try "breaking" it today. I'll keep you posted.

I changed my settings last night, but then went to bed. Gonna try "breaking" it today. I'll keep you posted.

Worked for a couple hours today. The problem still exists even after changing settings. At this point, I'm just giving up. I'm planning on re-installing windows 7 after formatting my HDD here soon anyway, so I'll just live with it until then....

Worked for a couple hours today. The problem still exists even after changing settings.

Yeah, actually, that seems rather close to my experience as well. While it seems to have made a noticeable improvement, it still doesn't totally stop it. It significantly helped mine (lowered the number of instances), but just not totally. [btw, just for the heck of it, I tried disabling the "hardware acceleration" option in Firefox; but it didn't seem to have any impact/affect; also, my computer runs 24/7 so I'm not generally doing many reboots between tests/changes]

I'd definitely appreciate hearing if doing the hdd format/reinstall corrects the issue for you! (tho honestly, I don't know if I could stomach that approach for myself!)

sidebar too: I just noticed that you're using Win7, whereas I'm using XP; sorry if some of my remarks/posts confused that.

What brand of video card are you using btw? Mine's an NVidia (GT220).

[also fwiw/fyc: for some reason I'm not getting email notifications of new replies here?! I've ticked the "enable" notification option, but I'm getting nada]

I have the GT220 also. While I'm not experiencing the same problems as you or the OP, I am quite certain it is causing my lockup problem which only occurs when using Firefox. I haven't had a lock up in a while but that's mainly due to me using Chrome more often. I only have this video card because I cheaped out and wanted to get something quick. No more nVidia for me.... whenever I get around to replacing it.

Worked for a couple hours today. The problem still exists even after changing settings.

Yeah, actually, that seems rather close to my experience as well. While it seems to have made a noticeable improvement, it still doesn't totally stop it. It significantly helped mine (lowered the number of instances), but just not totally. [btw, just for the heck of it, I tried disabling the "hardware acceleration" option in Firefox; but it didn't seem to have any impact/affect; also, my computer runs 24/7 so I'm not generally doing many reboots between tests/changes]

I'd definitely appreciate hearing if doing the hdd format/reinstall corrects the issue for you! (tho honestly, I don't know if I could stomach that approach for myself!)

sidebar too: I just noticed that you're using Win7, whereas I'm using XP; sorry if some of my remarks/posts confused that.

[also fwiw/fyc: for some reason I'm not getting email notifications of new replies here?! I've ticked the "enable" notification option, but I'm getting nada]

Actually, I am using Windows XP Pro. I'm going to go BACK to Windows 7 here soon.

I NEVER had this problem before I tried applying that stupid theme. Never again. I should have known better when it wanted me to "patch" a file...Now I wish I had at least created a restore point before doing it....

As for the "Notify of Replies" That happened to me too. I went in, unchecked it, saved it, rechecked it, and it worked. Maybe try that?