Custom Boot screen with XP CD

I have gotton the boot screen changed with tune up using the TUKernel.exe and changing the boot.ini. Now I want to embed this in my installer. I can copy the file over fine. thats easy but I cant find a deffinate answer for changing the boot.ini file. I know it is made durring the install (around T-9 I think) and I have seen a few methods of editing the file but none do quite what I want. all I really need to do is a kernel=tukernel.exe to the end

ok I have used bootcfg to edit it. Using the raw switch.

bootcfg /raw "/Kernel=TUKernel.exe" ID 1

Now when should I run this? I have a runonceex but you would see the normal boot screen once. I would like to do it before that. would it work in the cmdlines.txt?

• 6 months later...

hello dear i think u go wrong? simply u copy ur xp on ur hard drive , then go to i386 folder and find sp2.cab listen if ur xp copy is sp3 so find sp3.cab.... so its on u, now come back to the sp2.cab its winrar application . u can extract it with wirar,7zip....etc,

when u extract it to another folder .now u can edit 4 files with name of

1. ntoskrnl.exe

2. ntkrnlmp.exe

3. ntkrnlpa.exe

4. ntkrpamp.exe

mostly computers use only two exes. that 1 ,2 so u edit these files with the source hacker software. when u done ur job with these files .now u go ur run box and type in iexpress and enter when u open iexpress so make ur modifiy folder into sp2.cab

and now u can easily replace ur modify sp2.cab with the orignal sp2.cab in i386 folder. so burn ur xp image and enjoy....

but plz do all procedure very carefully ,, AT OWN UR RISK... LOL, :yes::thumbup