Need an original (unmodified) Windows 95 CD-ROM Setup Boot Disk image

Hey guys!

I was looking for an untouched Windows 95 Boot Floppy image for CD-ROM install in all the Internet and I didn't find it.

Can anybody still having this floppy disk, please make a disk image of it and upload it to somewhere else? The Microsoft part number of this floppy disk is 000-13159.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Javier Donoso.

Edited by 5247846

BOOTDISKS.COM - as was stated, even an "unmodified" is (AFAIK) an OEM version and needs the CD driver (floppy altered by the OEM). I have one, but it's pointless. It does nothing more than boot to DOS and has a few modules on it. Essentially, in and of itself, useless until altered.

BOOTDISKS.COM - as was stated, even an "unmodified" is (AFAIK) an OEM version and needs the CD driver (floppy altered by the OEM). I have one, but it's pointless. It does nothing more than boot to DOS and has a few modules on it. Essentially, in and of itself, useless until altered.

Anyway, please upload a disk image of it!

EDIT: It contains DRVCopy.inf.

Edited by 5247846

Guest wsxedcrfv

I don't know why anyone thinks they need a win-9x "boot floppy". There is no such thing as a "boot floppy" as far as I'm concerned. If you have access to a win-9x machine, then insert a floppy disk and go "format c: a: /s". You'll have a DOS on a bootable floppy disk.

copy these files to the floppy:

- mscdex.exe

- himem.sys

- smartdrv.exe

- emm386.exe

You must find and copy one of these files to the floppy as well:

- cdrom.sys

- cdtech.sys

- MTMCDAI.SYS

If you can find all three, then do it.

create an autoexec.bat file on the floppy and put this in it:

SMARTDRV.EXE A- B- C+ /V 4096 4096 /E:8192 /B:8192

MSCDEX.EXE /D:MTMIDE01 /V /S /M:8

create config.sys on the floppy and put this in it:

DEVICE=HIMEM.SYS /verbose

DEVICE=EMM386.EXE NOEMS D=64 A=15 VERBOSE

DOS=HIGH,UMB

rem DEVICEHIGH=CDROM.SYS /D:MSCD001 /DMA

rem DEVICEHIGH=CDTECH.SYS /D:MSCD001 /UDMA2 /V

rem DEVICEHIGH=MTMCDAI.SYS /D:MTMIDE01

Remove the "rem" in front of ONE of the above lines that matches the cd-rom driver that you copied to the floppy.

That's it. Change the computer's boot sequence so that the floppy drive is booted first, and boot from the floppy. Your CD -rom drive should now be accessible as the D drive. So put your win-95 cd in and change to the D drive at the DOS prompt and run setup from the CD.

Alternatively, you could save yourself some time and connect the drive you want to install win-95 on to a running computer as a slave drive, format it on that computer, and copy the win-95 cd to that computer. Then remove the drive and re-connect it back to the installation computer and run setup from the hard drive.

Edited by wsxedcrfv
strikethrough and replace driveletter in order to prevent formatting the system drive.

DRVCOPY.INF has the sole purpose of copying the CD-ROM driver to the HDD. Look here for what's on a boot disk. A simple google on that particular file will get you an example. It's used by "OEMSETUP" as a parameter input. There's nothing mystical about it. Everything you "need" is as posted above by others.

Edited by submix8c

Yes, these boot disks are countefeited.

PS: All files on the boot disk I'm looking for have this timestamp:

July 11 1995, 9:50 AM.

Edited by 5247846

How do you know that?

Are you sure those timestamps are not counterfeited? :unsure:

jaclaz

How do you know that?

Are you sure those timestamps are not counterfeited? :unsure:

jaclaz

The July 11 1995, 9:50 AM timestamp is the genuine one, according to the Windows 95 CD-ROM.

Also if you want to be really "secure" like you seem to be, you should check the MD5 or CRC32 and not the date and time because date and time can easily counterfeited with the unixtool touch.exe (for example).