drive hidden from computer managemrnt

hi everyone.............

i have just installed an drive hiding third party tool on my lap running win7 ultimate... i hav protected my two drives..now i have unistalled the tool....i have lost and forgot that tool name also ......my two drives ae locked now...in disk management it is showing as free space...is there any way to get my drive back to normal position....all my datas are there on the 2 drive....

• 2 weeks later...

If there is free space showing where your drives should be, I'd suspect that there are no partition table entries for their partitions in the Master Boot Record of the physical drive. The drive hiding tool must have used the MBR to manage the partitions.

If the partitions are there, and use standard NTFS or FAT32 file systems, you can use any number of tools to find the partition boot sectors, from which the location and size of the partitions can be determined and used to place entries in the MBR, which will make the partitions visible again. If they're encrypted, then you may have additional work to do.

I'd suggest downloading testdisk and let it try to find any obvious deleted partitions.