Login Issue when pushing Win7 image

Why do you need the Administrator account? I usually just create 2 accounts (if needed) with 1 local admin account (at least) and 1 local user account, then login with whatever.

I ask this of clients too that want to use the Administrator (built-in) account, what do you need it for? And usually no one can give a reason for it. :rolleyes:

Because we are on a domain setup, we use the Local Administrator account to install any specific software that is not included in our images. We really havn't found a good alternative to this.

We have tried a bunch of different things.. looks like it still is not connecting to the domain anymore.

Yes and that is one thing I think may be problem

You have a user logging in to domain <Username>*****tech</Username> yet you turn around and use Administrator also

Can you use the tech user to install?

We tried using the tech one on friday for all of the passes but we replicated the same exact problem =(

We will try some more stuff and I will update soon, but if you have more suggestions please go ahead and throw them up.

We tried using the tech one on friday for all of the passes but we replicated the same exact problem =(

I think your image was not created correctly and most likely creating problems. I am guessing you installed and then captured?

To use an image for redeployment with xml you must use Audit mode and then do sysprep specifying the 2nd xml as in this example

start sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:Unattended_Win7.xml

You can then have the Unattended_Win7.xml on a usb or floppy and it will see it when you go for a test install

Depending on what users you used here. You do not want to install applications as Administrator or they might not be useable by other users.

Audit mode xml example here and you call the sysprep line above at very end then capture when it does the /shutdown