Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

EXT. Pioneer DVD-RW firewire drive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Noah Logan

Noah Logan
  • 6 posts
I have an ext. 4X Spd. Pioneer DVD-RW drive and have a pkg. of DVD-RW disc's. I have never been able to save a file on the external drive or burn a DVD either.

What am I doing wrong?

I have a Sony Viao desktop, 2.4 hgz-512 mb ram-64 mb video card-80 gig HD-4 usb 2.0 ports, Windows XP home, Roxio Easy CD creator (did all the updates).

I just can't burn anything on a DVD-RW disc by Memorex 4.7gb.

All help is needed... :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
Can you please provide info on what actually happens when you attempt to burn the dvd etc..... might prove very helpful for anyone who might know about that stuff. :)
I fear " just can't burn anything on a DVD-RW disc", isnt of much use!
Read the rules.

Noah Logan

Noah Logan
  • 6 posts
It's a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105

the message I get is...

the disc in the recorder is not the proper media for this project. insert a blank CD or a CD with enough free space to record the project.

I am using Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum.

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
How big is your "project" and also have you tried any other burning utility, such as "nero 6", instead of the Roxio?
If not, I would suggest doing that, to see, if similiar errors occur. This way, we may discount the "software factor".
Read the rules.

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
maybe u bought a dvd+rw instead of dvd-rw
that error I think is bc of that...
did it ever worked when u tried it internal (if u ever tried it)

Noah Logan

Noah Logan
  • 6 posts
well I tried the nero demo software and still, no success with burning a DVD-RW.

I tried the DVD+RW discs and then I learned it was a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105.

I can't even erase a CDRW either on this drive, but i am able to burn a CDRW or CDR using Roxio, I just can't do anything with the DVD-RW's or DVD-r discs with Roxio or Nero software.

However, when it was connected to my Mac G4, I could burn on a DVD-RW disc.

Go figure...

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
ok here's the deal that I heard of:
usually for the specific hardware's to work on mac os's they install mac os firmwares to the hardwares. so i'm guessing your dvr-105 has mac firmware
refer to here to get a pc update. (be carefull it can f*** your drive :))
I've done firmware flashing million times without an error, so u should be carefull.
http://forum.rpc-1.c...download_id=299
or/and
http://pioneerdvd.rp...PIONEER_DVR_IDE

don't download the wrong firmware although some of the software's check if its the right firmware, u can still make mistakes....
BE CAREFULL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN