Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Password?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

PMikeP

PMikeP

• 19 posts
So I finally got around to trying Fred's XP fileset. To my surprise, unlike the 2K fileset, I can't log in to XP without a password. Didn't see anyone else complaining about this in the forum. Am I the only one with this problem? (Or did I miss it in a readme?)

Vbox 4.10. FDV fileset 4, HFSLIP Beta J v 5, slipstreamed XP Home SP3 Source (got the 19 missing files warning during install), only the IE6 HF. (When I copied HF's from an Offline Updater CD, I get a BSOD.)

P.S. Oops. Meant to post this in the FDVXP section. Can a moderator move for me?

Thanks.

Edited by PMikeP, 07 July 2011 - 08:16 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

fdv

fdv

MSFN Expert

• Developer
  • 1,111 posts
XP home's gonna act a little weird -- the fileset's meant for Pro.
You should be able to just specify a password in WINNT.SIF if my memory serves me.
I imagine the password is blank? I do have a reg setting in my files that allows the use of a blank password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN