Newbie trying to update XP SP2 to SP3 w/ all hotfixes, IE8 & WMP11

mrdane

I've got a running system, but I need to do a re-install of XP, so wanted to update my SP2 version to all the current goodies before the install. I've download VirtualMachine to test the new iso.

I got SP3 slipstreamed using nLite. But I'm having problems with all the hotfixes and updates using the Windows Updates Downloader I've read about - it fails to download some of them.

There shouldn't be any unless you are talking about non high-priority updates. Do you have a list of the 11?

KB898461, KB2443685, KB2508272 and KB2524375 cannot be directly integrated by nLite through file replacement. These should be added manually through SvcPack.inf or at RunOnce (preferably the latter with nLite).

The rest of those you list are for WMP11 and should be integrated with boooggy's slipstreamer.

Edited by 5eraph

5eraph, nLite handles those OK.

@mrdane when you ran my UDC script did it see any lines that said...

<something> missing.

Please re-run this script or download manually.

You may also be using an old script.

Always download the latest from http://xdot.tk/updates.html

Because the script downloads the ones 5eraph linked too. Maybe you missed selecting them?

As far as the WMP 11 ones they are listed right on the page I linked too on the 4th post. http://www.boooggy.org/slipstreamer/

post-12166-0-70366900-1310716156_thumb.p

Oh and you shouldn't use my WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KBxxxxx-x86-ENU.cab add-ons since you are slipstreaming WMP 11.

Edited by -X-

I downloaded the most current version of the UDC script off your site. The only file reported as missing when running the UDC script is Windows- KB890830-v3.20.cab.

I opened all the hotfix links on Boooggy's webpage for WMP11 but could not find download links for these eight:

MS07-068

MS08-076

MS08-054

MS09-051

MS09-037

MS10-033

MS10-062

MS10-082

What am I overlooking to download these files?

I downloaded the most current version of the UDC script off your site. The only file reported as missing when running the UDC script is Windows- KB890830-v3.20.cab.

Sorry that was my mistake. I forgot to update it for MRT 3.21. You should download this http://xdot.tk/files/Windows-KB89083O-v3.21.cab and put it in the updates folder and delete Windows-KB89083O-v3.20.cab.

I'll look into those others in a bit.

Edited by -X-

I opened all the hotfix links on Boooggy's web page for WMP11 but could not find download links for these eight:

MS07-068

MS08-076

MS08-054

MS09-051

MS09-037

MS10-033

MS10-062

MS10-082

What am I overlooking to download these files?

OK, you click the link on Booogy's site. Then you click the link under IT professionals: . Then you look for Windows XP Service Pack 3 on the left and Windows Media 11 on the second column.