KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)

Plugin support is broken on all versions above 12.00-1372. That's a complete show stopper for me as it means no flash. Other than that it seems to be running fine but I couldn't get it to use hardware acceleration or WebGL which are the two main new features besides the plugin wrapper helper executable.

Oh dear, that is very bad news!

:no:

Opera would be completely useless to me too without the plugins working.

I really hope the KernelEx guys can fix this before the release of Opera 12.

:(

It turns out that plugins support is also broken on Windows 2000 and it is a known Opera issue so If they don't decide to drop Windows 2000 they should fix it within the next few builds I guess, touch wood.

It turns out that plugins support is also broken on Windows 2000 and it is a known Opera issue so If they don't decide to drop Windows 2000 they should fix it within the next few builds I guess, touch wood.

Thanks.

Let's hope!

:)

Has anyone got Java 7 runtime to work in Windows 98 with KernelEx?

I've tried using the normal method I've been using for installing Java 6 runtimes and I'm getting a "cannot unpack rt" message, followed by error messages about two dlls, msvcr100.dll and jvm.dll.

I've tried applying KEx compatibility settings for 2000 and XP to both of them but no joy.

I did succesfully install Java 7 a little while ago but it was non-functional unfortunately, the java executables crashing systematically on trying to execute any jar file so I reverted to Java 6.

Bad news with Opera 12 as well, the latest build (RC1) has a fix for plugins not working in Windows 2000 but it now freezes the whole OS on launch, forcing to reboot. :}

I did succesfully install Java 7 a little while ago but it was non-functional unfortunately, the java executables crashing systematically on trying to execute any jar file so I reverted to Java 6.

Bad news with Opera 12 as well, the latest build (RC1) has a fix for plugins not working in Windows 2000 but it now freezes the whole OS on launch, forcing to reboot. :}

Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick with Java 6 on Windows 98 then.

Very bad news about Opera 12, I hope some way around this can be found once it's released and we know how bad the problem actually is in the final version.

I really don't want to have to use two different versions of Opera on my two operating systems!

Edited by Dave-H

I've installed Opera 12 build 1448. It doesn't freeze my OS, but the plugins still don't work. Opera starts with an error message: Opera plugin wrapper caused an error in user.exe. Opera plugin wrapper will now closed. BTW: In spite of that Opera plays youtube videos.

user.exe version 4.90.0.3001

Edited by schwups

I've  installed Opera 12 build 1448. It doesn't freeze my OS, but the plugins still don't work. Opera starts with an error message: Opera plugin wrapper caused an error in user.exe. Opera plugin wrapper will now closed. BTW: In spite of that Opera plays youtube videos.

Interesting, same user.exe version here, I have RP9 installed which interacts with it so that may be why I get a freeze. More interesting is that you can use the flash plugin despite the plugin wrapper shutting down.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick with Java 6 on Windows 98 then.

I was wondering if a new version of KernelEx could solve this 'issues' ?

A new version of KernelEx could solve many issues but the question is: Is there ever going to be a newer version of KernelEx?

I don't think chances are very high for that happening but hopefully I am wrong.

I've installed Opera 12 build 1448. It doesn't freeze my OS, but the plugins still don't work. Opera starts with an error message: Opera plugin wrapper caused an error in user.exe. Opera plugin wrapper will now closed. BTW: In spite of that Opera plays youtube videos.

Interesting, same user.exe version here, I have RP9 installed which interacts with it so that may be why I get a freeze. More interesting is that you can use the flash plugin despite the plugin wrapper shutting down.

I also have RP 9.7.2 installed. Also older versions of Opera can play you tube videos with disabled plugins. Version 10.1 can't do this, but 10.63 can (HTML5).

Edited by schwups

Same RP version so not sure why I freeze and you just crash.

I've removed the plugin wrapper and gave it a quick test run but it doesn't work well here, some pages I visit regularly without any issues with 11.64 wont load at all (eBay) and some other load but are completely unresponsive (youtube). :}

On the positive side I can see myself using 11.64 for a few more years. B)

I've installed Opera 12 build 1448 on a second computer and it seems to work stable so far. Ebay pages are loading fine, too. I can't add buttons to the toolbars and of course the plug-ins doesn't work (plugin wrapper caused an error in user.exe). Did you install the same build from the same page?

KerneEX 4.5.2 (4.5.12)

Edited by schwups

Yeah, it's build 1448 too. I haven't installed it though, I just unpacked the installer but that shoudn't make a difference. Really not sure why I have got so many issues with this 12 version. I also can't add buttons by drag and drop, I have just checked that out. :}