KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)

The problem appears to be down to the regutils.dll in the cab file that needs a new function from Kernel32.dll. I have rebuild that cab with the regutils.dll from update 31 and edited the msi with orca because the resulting cab file had an invalid signature. Doing that it only partially installs and must be completed by hand after which it seems to be working OK, tested briefly on a couple of apps I have on disk and on a couple of online applets with K-Meleon.

Grab it here: http://www.4shared.com/archive/Sq96KIGu/JRE6u32_fixed.html

Run the msi installer and once it's done, copy the files in the "Copy 2 Windows" folder to your Windows folder and the one in the "Copy 2 System" folder to your System folder overwriting the files already in place which still are the old ones. Finally merge the registry file after making sure the paths it contains are also your paths, otherwise adjust them before merging. Once all this is done done it should work OK.

Hi loblo.

:hello:

I've just tried installing your modified version of Java 6 update 32, and it's failing all the time.

It just rolls back and says the install could not be completed and please try later.

It's not getting as far as writing any files to the disk.

There are no messages from the installer to say why it's failed, but in the Windows Temp folder, the java_install_reg.log says -

-- QueryCurMSIValue: Open failed.

-- Exec: QueryCurMSIValue(INSTALLDIR) failed.

The jusched.log says -

Sat Jun 09 13:59:13 2012

:: MSICheckPendingFileRenameOperations: RegOpenKeyEx() failed with ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: 2, Error Code: 0

And the msievent.log just says -

09/06/12 13:59:20 (Info ) Product: Java 6 Update 32 -- Installation operation failed.

Any idea what's going wrong?

I've tried installing to the default folder and to a custom folder with the same result.

I also uninstalled the previous version and cleaned out all its files and registry entries.

I have the most recent version of KernelEx installed, and Java 6 update 31 installs and works fine.

Thanks, Dave.

:)

Edited by Dave-H

Sorry Dave I have no clue at all however you've got all that's needed to install it by hand I would think. I guess you would just need to extract the cab file and copy its content into the java folder and then use the included folders and reg file to complete the install.

Sorry Dave I have no clue at all however you've got all that's needed to install it by hand I would think. I guess you would just need to extract the cab file and copy its content into the java folder and then use the included folders and reg file to complete the install.

Thanks loblo.

Just wanted to report that your modified version will not install on Windows XP either.

It does exactly the same thing with the same error logs, so it's not a Windows 98 or KernelEx problem.

I suspect something is amiss with your modified installer file.

I'll have a look at it with Orca and see if I can spot anything wrong.

Presumably it did install on your system OK?

Yes it did install OK apart from the files to go in windows and system and the registry entries (as mentioned in my initial post which includes the link to the modified installer). I have just been rechecking some executables and jars in the program files/Java/JRE6 subfolders and they were all update 32 and all that's in there has been copied by the installer.

Yes it did install OK apart from the files to go in windows and system and the registry entries (as mentioned in my initial post which includes the link to the modified installer). I have just been rechecking some executables and jars in the program files/Java/JRE6 subfolders and they were all update 32 and all that's in there has been copied by the installer.

Thanks again loblo.

I tried installing with the original msi file and your modified cab file, and as expected I got an error message about the cab file not being digitally signed.

I've tried to compare your modified msi file with the original msi file, using Orca, but I'm having trouble spotting any differences!

Could you tell me exactly what you changed in the msi file?

Thanks, Dave.

Edited by Dave-H

I've tried to compare your modified msi file with the original msi, file using Orca, but I'm having trouble spotting any differences!

Sorry Dave, I can't remember what I deleted to bypass digital signature check thing. :}

You're on your own, good luck. :)

I've tried to compare your modified msi file with the original msi, file using Orca, but I'm having trouble spotting any differences!

Sorry Dave, I can't remember what I deleted to bypass digital signature check thing. :}

You're on your own, good luck. :)

No problem.

If I do manage to find out what's wrong, I'll let you know!

Java 6: The Bug doesn't seem to be fixed with update 33. Bug ID 7166889

The msi installer doesn't work and the Dependency Walker still shows this error.

DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :

The Installer failed on Windows 2000 on unzipcore fase.

Because Data1.cab\regutils.dll includes GetSystemWow64DirectoryA in kernel32.dll

I decided eventually to just stick with update 31!

I'll wait and hope that KernelEx is eventually updated to support later versions of Java 6, or indeed Java 7.

Edited by Dave-H

I installed opera 12 portable renamed the plugin wrapper and did something with the plug in settings

and flash worked I have not written it down sorry. But soon as I have the time I will come back to write it here. I think that other plugins

worked also. I have not checked yet. Because I did not have the time.

I installed opera 12 portable renamed the plugin wrapper and did something with the plug in settings

and flash worked I have not written it down sorry. But soon as I have the time I will come back to write it here. I think that other plugins

worked also. I have not checked yet. Because I did not have the time.

Isn't it HTML5? Check it out with a right click.

Updated to Opera 12.00 today, and can confirm the problems.

The Opera plugin wrapper program crashes when run, with the error in user.exe.

If the error is dismissed and the plugin wrapper executable is closed down, Opera then works reasonably well, but with no plugin support of course.

YouTube videos still play, using HTML5.

Things like QuickTime plugins are completely non-functional.

I also can't modify the toolbars under Windows 98, but I can do that in XP if necessary as I have a dual boot system.

We need the KernelEx devs to add the necessary functions to user.exe if possible!

My user.exe is version 4.10.0.2233.

Edited by Dave-H

Hello there. Well I tried some things with Opera 12 portable. I am working with kernelex 4.5.2 and windows 98se. I disabled plugins and delet deleted the plugin wrapper. And flash worked. Of course I watched the plugin path with opera:config. The rest of the plugins did not work.

Is the Kernelex wiki still being maintained? I think with fewer users and kernelex with no developers, would it be ok to suspend new members and new entries?

I was wondering what types of things the wiki admin could use to stop spam being posted on the wiki

Google listed?

Can the wiki be unlisted in the search engine? maybe the spam is about increasing their search rank.

Approved post

New posts and edits await approval by a moderator, and automatically added after x days if no action

kernelex questions

Since spammers are bypassing the catcha system. Can we add kernelex based questions to hold back spammers? ie: what is kernelex? what forum is kernelex use? Who created kernelex? What OS does kernelex support