KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)

I know it sounds strange, but I have to turn off plugins under Quick preferences to let flash works. When I try to change the javascript

setting to 2 it does not work., I can save it but it does not work so I have set it to 2 in the operaprefs.ini. Well I am sure this works also

I have installed noscript. Well I also have set the plugin path in operaprefs.ini. Now I am interested waht the plugin wrapper really does.

It's function will be to let Opera know where the plugins are or what does it do exactly ?

It does not matter to me what the maker of flash says. It works here with me.

This is getting very annoying now, if that page tells you that Flash isn't installed then it means that Flash doesn't work, that it isn't loaded by your browser, as simple as that.

Youtube videos, as you've been told now several times, are certainly html5 videos which Opera can play without plugins (using the bundled gstreamer runtime) and not Flash videos.

Okay I must say you are right. Then when I have been on other places where I could see certain movies it is htlm5. Well I cannot argue

about this I am sorry. Another thing what it is strange is when I turn java script off I do not set it to 2 it works.

I have tested it here http://isjavascriptenabled.com/ and it said yes. But it was disabled in Opera. I must say that I have set it it to 2

in operaprefs.ini. Forgive is something is not right it can happen. I knew about htlm5 movies. But that it worked without flash installed

I did not know.

Hello there, solved my problem with java script. It was turned on under Quick preferences. Well I have learned one thing here to check

everything before publishing something here. Next time I will be more careful.

I also told you some time ago that if videos were working on YouTube it was almost certainly html5 at work, not Flash.

Anyway, I haven't tried this, but one way around the QuickTime plugin problem might be to set Opera to open the videos in the QuickTime Player, rather than using the plugin.

Try putting this into handlers.ini in pace of your present [video/quicktime] section-

[video/quicktime]

Type=Viewer

Action=3

Application=C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QuickTimePlayer.exe

Application Description=

Web handler

Plugin Path=C:\Program Files\QuickTime\Plugins\npqtplugin.dll

Plugin Name=QuickTime Plug-in 7.7.2

Plugin Description=The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the <A HREF=http://www.apple.com/quicktime/>QuickTime</A> Web site.

Save To Folder=

Extension=qt,mov,mqv

Flags=128

That's what is written into my file if I set it up to open QT files in the player on XP.

Change the paths if you need to for your system of course.

You never know, it might work!

:)

Good news guys: Opera decided to remove (at least temporarily) plugin wrapper from 32-bit version:

In Opera 12 we introduced out of process plugins to try to reduce the number of times plugins take Opera down. We now see that some Windows users are from time to time experiencing Opera freezing on pages with plug-in content. The issue has been investigated and we found the best short term solution to get Opera at a quality level we are comfortable with is to temporarily remove out of process plugins until we have a proper fix.

You can download latest build from here.

Btw, I'm writing this using Opera 12.02 (build 1555).

Edited by rainyd

Hurrah, I will be able to use Opera plugins on Windows 98 again!

I really hope that even when they re-introduce it, as they inevitably will, there will be an option to switch it off or on.

:thumbup

Good news guys: Opera decided to remove (at least temporarily) plugin wrapper from 32-bit version:

You can download latest build from here.

Btw, I'm writing this using Opera 12.02 (build 1555).

Thanks rainyd, it seems to work geat!

Joe.

PS. New build 1565 also working well : http://snapshot.opera.com/12.02-1565_windows.html

Edited by jds

• 2 weeks later...

Opera 12.02 build 1578 is now released. Changelog: The Windows 32-bit version has been reverted to in-process plugins while stability issues stemming from the out-of-process plugin system are investigated and resolved.

Edited by schwups