Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

Lipper

Lipper

• 38 posts
  • Joined 08-February 11
FileHippo.com Update Checker (standalone or installed version) - choose Disable KernelEx extensions to make it work. Requires NetFramework 2.0.

Strange, huh?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

TmEE

TmEE

Mega Drive Modding Master

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08
.NET stuff never works unless you disable KEX for the program
Posted Image Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)

Lipper

Lipper

• 38 posts
  • Joined 08-February 11

.NET stuff never works unless you disable KEX for the program

Thanks for the tip! :)

herbalist

herbalist

paranoid independent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Joined 15-December 06
Adobe has released Flash Player 11 as a release candidate. Versions for Internet Explorer and other browsers are both available at Adobe Labs. The present RC version is 11,0,1,129. So far in limited testing, the player is working properly on my Pentium 4, 98SE unit with SeaMonkey 2.0.14. and K-Meleon 1.7a2. I haven't tried it on the older PCs (a P3 Compaq and a Celeron equipped HP). So far, I haven't got the flash player control panel applet to work on 98. Unless something changes between the release candidate and the normal releases, Flash Player 11 appears to be compatible with 98 and KEX.

Giant2011

Giant2011

• PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 05-June 11
I installed Flash player 11.1.01.129 successfully on windows 98 with kernelex 4.5.1 on a pentiume 3 with 512 mb and opera 11.51 and Firefox 3.6.23

rainyd

rainyd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 04-April 05

I installed Flash player 11.1.01.129 successfully on windows 98 with kernelex 4.5.1 on a pentiume 3 with 512 mb and opera 11.51 and Firefox 3.6.23

You can update it to the version 11.0.1.152 (released today).

Giant2011

Giant2011

• PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 05-June 11
Thanks I will certainly do that.

jds

jds

-DOS+

• PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Joined 03-June 08

So far, I haven't got the flash player control panel applet to work on 98.

Can you explain more about this issue?

(eg. How to test for it, what is the last version of Flash Player not affected?)

Joe.

xrayer

xrayer

RayeR

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 15-May 07
I successfully tried latest Mplayer WW http://mplayer-ww.com/eng/ ,in default setting I can't hear sound but when switched from dsound to win32 it works fine (winamp dsound output works so not generic dsound problem). Added to list.
Win98(SE)CZ unofficial support site.
Running MSDOS 6.22, FreeDOS, Win98SE+KEX-4.5.2+nSP+nUSB, NT4.0-SP6, WinXP-SP3, Debian Linux
Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L, Core 2 Duo E8500@3,6GHz, 4GB DDR2, GF7900GT/256M, SSD Samsung 840 Pro, WD1000FBYX SATA, SB Audigy 2

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
I installed Flash player 11.1.01.129 successfully on windows 98 with kernelex 4.5.1 on an AMD Athlon Processor with 256 mb ram on Firefox 3.6.23.

However I could not manage to install the version for I.E6, perhaps it's not compatible for that older browser?

Windows 7 starter - Internet Explorer 11 - Google Chrome

rainyd

rainyd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 04-April 05

However I could not manage to install the version for I.E6, perhaps it's not compatible for that older browser?

I would like to know for what you need latest Flash in that terrible, over ten years old browser?

Edited by rainyd, 13 October 2011 - 11:29 AM.

herbalist

herbalist

paranoid independent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Joined 15-December 06

(eg. How to test for it, what is the last version of Flash Player not affected?)

Joe.

I'm not sure how far back Flash Player has been installing a control panel applet. Version 10.3 r183 installs one. I've never managed to make it work. Depending on the Kernel Ex setting for it's real file, FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl in the system folder, clicking it either gets an error message or does nothing at all.

jds

jds

-DOS+

• PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Joined 03-June 08

Joe.

I'm not sure how far back Flash Player has been installing a control panel applet. Version 10.3 r183 installs one. I've never managed to make it work. Depending on the Kernel Ex setting for it's real file, FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl in the system folder, clicking it either gets an error message or does nothing at all.

Interesting. I've got version 10,3,181,14 of this thing here, yet my Flash Player is version 10,1,82,76. I don't recall ever installing version 10.3.x.x of Flash Player. Strange.

How does one test this thing?

Joe.

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09

I would like to know for what you need latest Flash in that terrible, over ten years old browser?

Adobe has dropped the support for Internet Explorer 6 SP1.  Version 10.3.183.10 is the last for IE 6 SP1. New requirement: IE 7 

System requirements for Adobe Flash Player 11

KernelEX Wiki

Edited by schwups, 14 October 2011 - 05:01 AM.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

I don't really use I.E, just annoying that I removed a prog that worked on it but can't install it back again.

Edited by frogman, 14 October 2011 - 03:13 PM.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

Adobe has dropped the support for Internet Explorer 6 SP1.  Version 10.3.183.10 is the last for IE 6 SP1. New requirement: IE 7 

System requirements for Adobe Flash Player 11

KernelEX Wiki

I wish I had known about that prior to un-installing the active x version for I.E, and the annoying thing is it won't let me install it back again, message saying that it's not the most recent and therefore it refuses to install.

If you know a way round this so I could get the older version installed again I would appreciate that, I have kept the last version 10 exe file that did work on I.E6

rloew

rloew

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Joined 30-May 05

I wish I had known about that prior to un-installing the active x version for I.E, and the annoying thing is it won't let me install it back again, message saying that it's not the most recent and therefore it refuses to install.

If you know a way round this so I could get the older version installed again I would appreciate that, I have kept the last version 10 exe file that did work on I.E6

Downversioning of Flash is controlled by the following Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions

Reduce the limit for the Major Version you are installing, then try again.
Ye who enter my domain. Beware! Lest you become educated in the mysteries of the universe and suffer forever from the desire to know more.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

When you say reduce the limit do you mean changing where it says VERSION?

Let me say that I have already installed successfully the latest version 11 of flash for Firefox 3.6.23, and what I see at the moment in the registry is as follows....

I get to the Macromedia folder, then the first folder in the reg is called FlashPlayer, when I click on this I see on the right pane 2 entries, one says Name Default, Data value not set, and also NAME.. Auto Update Test and DATA..."AutoUpdate"

Then on the folder below, it's called FlashPlayerPlugin, then there are 4 in the right pane, first is Name Default, Data value not set, second is player path, Un-installer path, and Version "11.0.1.152"

Then the folder on the left is shockwave 10, I think that was for the shockwave director, although I thought I had installed version 11 for that, well that is what shows on the add/remove programs list anyway.

So at the end of the day there are 3 folders that branch of from the macromedia folder on my registry.

rloew

rloew

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Joined 30-May 05

Let me say that I have already installed successfully the latest version 11 of flash for Firefox 3.6.23, and what I see at the moment in the registry is as follows....

I get to the Macromedia folder, then the first folder in the reg is called FlashPlayer, when I click on this I see on the right pane 2 entries, one says Name Default, Data value not set, and also NAME.. Auto Update Test and DATA..."AutoUpdate"

Then on the folder below, it's called FlashPlayerPlugin, then there are 4 in the right pane, first is Name Default, Data value not set, second is player path, Un-installer path, and Version "11.0.1.152"

Then the folder on the left is shockwave 10, I think that was for the shockwave director, although I thought I had installed version 11 for that, well that is what shows on the add/remove programs list anyway.

So at the end of the day there are 3 folders that branch of from the macromedia folder on my registry.

Apparently the Plug-In uses different Registry Keys. The Key I posted is used by the IE6 Version of Flash 9.
Ye who enter my domain. Beware! Lest you become educated in the mysteries of the universe and suffer forever from the desire to know more.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

Apparently the Plug-In uses different Registry Keys. The Key I posted is used by the IE6 Version of Flash 9.

But I used Flash 10 previously.

rloew

rloew

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Joined 30-May 05

I don't use KernelEx, so I never installed Flash 10. I have never installed the non-IE Version of Flash. This may be why I see the SafeVersions Key.
The key and it's contents are as follows:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions]
"6.0"=dword:00000058
"7.0"=dword:00000049
"8.0"=dword:0000002a
"9.0"=dword:01060000

From this data Flash Version 9 must be no earlier than 262 (106H) or it will not install.

Edited by rloew, 16 October 2011 - 04:48 PM.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

I don't use KernelEx, so I never installed Flash 10. I have never installed the non-IE Version of Flash. This may be why I see the SafeVersions Key.
The key and it's contents are as follows:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions]
"6.0"=dword:00000058
"7.0"=dword:00000049
"8.0"=dword:0000002a
"9.0"=dword:01060000

From this data Flash Version 9 must be no earlier than 262 (106H) or it will not install.

My reg folder for the I.E version says Auto-UpdateTest, "AutoUpdate" do you think I should remove that?

rloew

rloew

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Joined 30-May 05

My reg folder for the I.E version says Auto-UpdateTest, "AutoUpdate" do you think I should remove that?

May not be a bad idea to stop being nagged to update, but probably will not help install an older version.

Giant2011

Giant2011

• PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 05-June 11
Installed opera 11.52 on a pentium III with 512 mb and kernelex 4.51 in windows 2000 sp4 mode. Everything works fine. Upgraded
opera 11.51.

rainyd

rainyd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 04-April 05
Frogman, I've made some tests and looks like that Flash 10.0.45.2 is latest version which work with IE 6.0 (Win98/ME of course).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users