NVIDIA 9500 GT driver for windows 2000?

zuko1

Hi all :) Is there a Windows 2000 driver for the NVIDIA 9500 GT? or a driver that will work with it through customisation :) I'd love to get it working. Thanks in advance.

This is what I'm using on my 8600 GT:

from PC Wizard 2010:

General Information :

Manufacturer : Nvidia

Model : NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Bus Type : PCI-Express

Texture Memory : 745 MB

Processor : GeForce 8600 GT

Converter : Integrated RAMDAC

Refresh Rate (min/max) : 56/75 Hz

Processor : G84

Revision : A2

Bus : 320-bit

Memory Type : 512 MB GDDR3

GPU Frequency : 540 MHz - [initial : 540 MHz]

Shader Clock : 1188 MHz - [initial : 1188 MHz]

Memory Frequency GPU : 399.6 MHz - [initial : 400 MHz]

Texels : 36800 MTexels/s

DirectX Support : 10

Pixel Shader Version : 3.0

c:\winnt\system32

Driver : nv4_disp.dll

Size : 5638 KB (5 773 568 bytes)

Properties :

Version : 6.14.11.6921

Description : NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 169.21

Copyright : © NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

Original Filename : nv4_disp.dll

Product Name : NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 169.21

Internal Name : nv4_disp.dll

Organisation : NVIDIA Corporation

Product Version : 6.14.11.6921

Extended Information :

Device32-bit : Video Card

Build for : Windows NT, 32-bit

Created : Wednesday 05 December 2007

Modified : Wednesday 05 December 2007

Accessed : Saturday 23 July 2011

You might want to try one of the driver versions in the 17x.xx range, the latest driver isn't always the best.

This is what I like about nVidia...it is always backwards compatible.

Edited by Browncoat

Is there a driver for the ATI HD 5450 1GB DDR3 on blackwings site or anywhere for 2000 ? just installed 2000 on a P4 3200 hyper threader, let's see if i can get this one working too :yes:

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all.

i tried that BWC driver and i was quite dissatisfied because i want to use the control panel and he didnt include the install files. So i did the driver myself, and here i write how you can do it, i posted it elsewhere on the net also. THERE is one flaw. i cannot enable dualview. preferably first, uninstall your current driver (i had 94.24_forceware_winxp_english_whql) to avoid no control panel loading at all. download 190.62_desktop_winxp_32bit_english_whql and run. it will put the drivers in and tell you the controlpanel couldnt be installed. running the CPL msi by itself gave the error "Setup failed to read the required Display Driver to be used with this package. Setup will not continue", leave it open and go to the "local settings\temp" directory and look for random characters like {925BE668-2... and copy the MSI file from there to another dir, and exit the setup. create a new folder in my documents, then do the following to extract it:

msiexec /a "C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Local Settings\Temp\NVIDIA Control Panel.msi" /qb TARGETDIR="C:\Documents and Settings\User1\My Documents\New Folder"

note that if you are using old cig's wrapper, the command will not work, you need to start with C:\winnt\system32\msiexec

in "new folder" i find: Nvidia control panel.msi (2.56Mb), and System32 and Windows folders. move the files to the appropriate folders and reboot. if you rebooted, doing only the drivers, you should get two errors looking for files which is good. if you did both and you got errors you did something wrong.

I go to enable dualview and reboot and it doesnt work. opening display properties may bring up the error (you may have to enable dualview more times to see it, or via the tray icon) "The Currently selected graphics driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of Windows...". there is no ! beside it in Device Manager so i bet its a simple registry tweak. after fooling in the registry i seem to have only managed to remove the error, i dont get the two displays. so i can make do with horizontal span or because i have an X700 card in the machine too i can run two monitors on that

other people have gotten this error also (where i had posted)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4426274

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/220458-latest-nvidia-drivers-296-10-installation-fails-2.html#post2125221

enjoy...

from memory the latest 306 drivers, dont work at all, and i tried 270 and i cant get the control panel to work - it couldnt find NvStartup in NvCpl.dll and got an error for NvMcTray.dll too. and unlocker is required if you happen to be updating the control panel from within windows (stop the nvidia service too).

Charlie.

Edited by charlieb001

from memory the latest 306 drivers, dont work at all, and i tried 270 and i cant get the control panel to work - it couldnt find NvStartup in NvCpl.dll and got an error for NvMcTray.dll too. and unlocker is required if you happen to be updating the control panel from within windows (stop the nvidia service too).

Charlie.

The latest drivers do work but require the unofficial kernel (the latest weekly/daily of UURollup or the BWC kernel). I've tested them on my computer with an old nVIDIA GF6600. I don't know yet about Dual Display support though.